Haunted House maps/bits of maps/prefabs Needed

DaMaN

Reaction score
I'm in the process of creating a gigantic Haunted House map, but my awesome computer has no harddrive. So i've been attempting to do it on my crappy computer, but it's taking way too long. What i'm looking for is some Haunted House prefabs/maps/textures i can use for designing this map.

This map will be released for Sven Co-op Source, whenever it comes out. I'm starting early so that when Sven comes out with it, i can easilly adapt this Haunted House map to it.

Anything you can make would be appreciated. Some ideas are:
-Cobwebs
-Creaky doors
-Long hallways
-Gothic interiors/exteriors
-Teamwork puzzles
-Scary effects
-Dawn of the Dead

This map will be based largely upon a Starcraft map that i once played. You start separated from everyone else, with no weapons and no suit. The entire beginning you have nothing, and must find your teammates in order to get to the armoury, where you can either take an SMG or a Crossbow (but not both). There you also get a suit. From that point on, you have to sneak/fight your way out of this Haunted House without completely loosing your nerve. Intended setting: LAN party in Basement with lights out, starting at 9:00PM and going untill 1:00 or 3:00 AM.

Basically, i want it to be impossible to sleep after playing, and long enough to go for about 4-6 hours.

Thanks for any maps or map peices you can supply.
-DaMaN

Your computer has no hard drive, or you're just lazy and want someone else to make your map for you?

LXS said:
Your computer has no hard drive, or you're just lazy and want someone else to make your map for you?
I'm gonna go with being lazy on this one.

Its amazing, y'know - computers have hard drives, and you can actually take them out and put them into other computers...

What will these crazy technology people think of next, huh?

LXS said:
Its amazing, y'know - computers have hard drives, and you can actually take them out and put them into other computers...

What will these crazy technology people think of next, huh?

Even harder drives?

Oh be quiet!!! The slow computer i'm using is my dads, and i don't think he'd be too happy about me taking out his harddrive and putting it in mine.

And no, i wasn't looking for someone to make the whole map for me, i am looking for someone who might, possibly, just mabye have designed a similar map or was bored and wanted some ideas of things other people were looking for.

-DaMaN

P.S. Sheesh, i mean, i was just posting a request, no need to claim i'm lazy or an idiot.

What's your OS running off of?

My OS (of my slow computer that i CANT take the hard drive out of because its not MINE to TAKE OUT) is win 98, which is probably having some conflicts with Hammer.

I'm going to be installing XP on my newer computer; does Hammer have issues with 98?

-DaMaN

does Hammer have issues with 98?

hmm a seven year old program.. i think so :).. id stick with 2000pro or xp pro.. depending on your resource skills ;)

i dont mean to get into an xp home versus xp pro discussion, but anyone with brains knows that xp home is just as good as xp pro, with the exception of having a few networking features hardly anyone uses.

poseyjmac said:
i dont mean to get into an xp home versus xp pro discussion, but anyone with brains knows that xp home is just as good as xp pro, with the exception of having a few networking features hardly anyone uses.

Agreed, but I still swear 2000 pro (what I'm running) is the best.

*sigh* this is going nowhere fast

I'm just going to post this up on the help wanted board...

-DaMaN

Back