Have i become mentally retarded?

Regarding side-effects: Hell, I get really horrible stomach pain if I take a vitamin on an empty stomach. So, it's possible side effects can be avoided by taking the medication with food, or before bed, or with lots of water, or whatever. They can back you off the dosage or try a different medication if living with the side effects aren't worth it to you.

I just imagined you getting devastated by a Flintstone's vitamin by keeling over seconds after crunching one.

You don't know the half of it. Once, after I finished lifting weights I took a vitamin, but hadn't had a chance to eat yet. I was ****ing devastated. Some of the worst stomach pain ever. Live and learn.

Akira, I've been in your situation. I don't blame you. I've tried living my life without meds. I've never been on meds. I tried one pill of Zyprexa and knew I wasn't putting up with that crazy shit.

So anyway, I'm not on medication and never have been, but I'm willing to try again. I tried "just dealing with it", and that's not working too well for me. I'm going to give the meds another shot. I pick up my prescription in the morning. I am hopeful, but cautiously so. I'm also trying to be realistic - it may not be the right thing for me and I may need to try something else.

stop ****ing trying to web diagnose yourselves, it makes anxiety worse and you just find a way to identify with every damn symptom

You're far too highly in terms of social/behavioral characteristics to even have a snowballs chance in hell of having mild schizophrenia, Stig, haha

Get some fresh air, see a shrink (or open up to friends, etc), start loving self more, etc

NO MORE DR. INTERNET

I dunno, I've had hallucinations of a sort my entire life - I just kind of deal with it. One common hallucination was of a non-malevolent couple observing me as I laid in bed, which I haven't experienced since I was roughly 7; another is a feeling of racing thoughts coupled with my proprioceptory hands expanding and shrinking, which stopped when I was ~12 but started up again over last summer. In the end I'm not really all that worried. They went away before, but if they get worse, maybe I'll just be a functional schizo like John Nash?

I dunno, I've had hallucinations of a sort my entire life - I just kind of deal with it. One common hallucination was of a non-malevolent couple observing me as I laid in bed, which I haven't experienced since I was roughly 7; another is a feeling of racing thoughts coupled with my proprioceptory hands expanding and shrinking, which stopped when I was ~12 but started up again over last summer. In the end I'm not really all that worried. They went away before, but if they get worse, maybe I'll just be a functional schizo like John Nash?
I used to date this hot schizophrenic lady. She was ****ing fine. My friend was like "how the **** did you ...".

She cut her throat when we broke up. Heavy. But you can't tell the difference between a schizo and a regular person except they are more emotional (she was often very upset). Until we broke up she was functioning, on medication. Her kids were taken care of and shit. But... you know ...the attempted suicide was a big set back in my idea of "functioning".

The thing that scares me is that I was nice as ****ing hell when we broke up. I mean, yeah I'm verbally abusive normally (I'm a mother****er), but I was nice as hell because I wasn't trying to hurt her at all. I didn't want to. I just was in love with someone else: before we met, while we were together and after we broke up. That's the way it was, and I was always up front about it.

Anyway, I don't remember what I was getting at anymore.

I don't quite understand, you actually SAW this couple watching you as you slept? Racing thoughts I think is just part of anxiety. As soon as I calm down and don't feel any anxiety things feel normal again and I can think/focus normally. That's the thing with anxiety it's a completely primitive emotion. A rush of adrenalin, we don't think of anxiety as a problem when we have it for an actual reason - like being nervous before a big exam, having tons of stress/deadlines but we do notice it being not normal when anxiety sets in because of an irrational thought.

I don't experience any hallucinations whatsoever and I hear no voices at all. I honestly think it's emotional PTSD from breaking up with my gf from over a year ago..again irrational retarded emotions caused by my oversensitive amygdala lol

Yes, I actually saw them. Not literally as I slept, like an out-of-body experience, but I'd see them before I went to sleep and sometimes they'd be there when I woke up. For all my childhood mind figured, they just stayed put overnight. I have only two very hazy memories of these figures watching me, now. The only confirmation I have that these memories are real is the fact that my mom has told me about a few times when I talked to her about them as a child. According to her, I was only worried about them once or twice, and beyond that I didn't particularly care whether or not they appeared.

My racing thoughts are kind of like an adrenaline rush, but at the same time it's like the frequency/tickrate/alternatename of my mind is accelerating out of control. I suppose it could be the mix of adrenal focus and having nothing to focus on, since this sensation almost always happens when I'm in bed... you're probably right, and I'll try to confirm if it happens to me again.

As for your PTSD, I wouldn't say it's fully-fledged, but you probably fall somewhere on the spectrum. Any sudden change can be emotionally catastrophic if you (or your amygdala :p) put enough importance on it. Irrational, like everyone's emotions, but fixable.

I used to date this hot schizophrenic lady. She was ****ing fine. My friend was like "how the **** did you ...".

She cut her throat when we broke up. Heavy. But you can't tell the difference between a schizo and a regular person except they are more emotional (she was often very upset). Until we broke up she was functioning, on medication. Her kids were taken care of and shit. But... you know ...the attempted suicide was a big set back in my idea of "functioning".

The thing that scares me is that I was nice as ****ing hell when we broke up. I mean, yeah I'm verbally abusive normally (I'm a mother****er), but I was nice as hell because I wasn't trying to hurt her at all. I didn't want to. I just was in love with someone else: before we met, while we were together and after we broke up. That's the way it was, and I was always up front about it.

Anyway, I don't remember what I was getting at anymore.
:LOL: It was a good story though. You can never be sure about anyone's true self...

You don't have to be schizophrenic to have schizophrenic episodes. That's what I was trying to say before. You have to have shit like this for like 6 months, or something. Other mood disorders can cause the occasional separation from reality.

By the way, I'd like you to direct me to whatever it was you've been reading where you said something about "every thought changes your brain". That sounded interesting.

Your brain has lost fitness, you need to get the neurons connected and functioning again.

You are not retarded.

Back