have valve spent too much time on CS:source

egon

Reaction score
shouldnt valve have started on the source ports after releasing half-life 2? merc told us that the cs port is almost complete, but should they not finish hl2 first and release it?
I just have a small fear that half life 2 may get overtaken by other games by the time it comes out. valve said theyre not adding anything new graphically, except improving the low end textures. whats taking so long? has hl2 been put on slow burn while they work on the ports?

There's a seperate CS team at Valve. I highly doubt them spending time on CS:S has taken anything from HL2 as they wouldn't be working on it anyway. So to answer your question: no.

Neutrino you was faster.
But I think too that there is two different teams for HL2 and CS:S tweaking.(and maeaby for whole MP tweaking?)

They needed to release both at the same time to ensure people wouldnt play other games waiting for CS and DOD to come out, possibly losing fans. If they released just half life2, people would finish it and then move on. Alot of people arnt interested in in deathmatch hl. By releasing dod cs and single player they lock down a fanbase rite from the start.

naive... I get the impression people would wait for those things, something about the way the game has got so big that even prime media outlets can consider it a financial force in itself. Lots of people want this game and its shootoff products.

urseus said:
They needed to release both at the same time to ensure people wouldnt play other games waiting for CS and DOD to come out, possibly losing fans. If they released just half life2, people would finish it and then move on. Alot of people arnt interested in in deathmatch hl. By releasing dod cs and single player they lock down a fanbase rite from the start.

Umm.... that makes no sense.

Its not Like they dont already have a giant fanbase. People will still be playing regular CS and DOD if the S versions are for some magical(read:not gonna happen ) NOT released with HL2.

I hate this talk of HL2 "being taken over by other games" Its not a bloody arms race or anything!

So whats gonna happen? You buy the game with the best graphics and then all the previous ones are ignored forever? What a bunch of crap.

Wrong forum

Moved to CS-S.

egon said:
shouldnt valve have started on the source ports after releasing half-life 2? merc told us that the cs port is almost complete, but should they not finish hl2 first and release it?
I just have a small fear that half life 2 may get overtaken by other games by the time it comes out. valve said theyre not adding anything new graphically, except improving the low end textures. whats taking so long? has hl2 been put on slow burn while they work on the ports?

Valve isn't that stupid. HL2 is far more important than any of the ports. They'd sooner delay and release the ports later than delay HL2. Besides, they have a large team that can work on multiple projects simultaneously.

i dunno... those grenade launchers were mad 1337.. with the physics system the grenades may not jump a mile before they explode ;)

wako said:
i dunno... those grenade launchers were mad 1337.. with the physics system the grenades may not jump a mile before they explode ;)

Shup you little punk biatch! Jk. The hopping nades were half the fun. It's like they always went where you wanted the to go.

Hell, they beat the nades in DoD rolling uphill any day.

hmm you tell me there is a different team for CS:S. i dont think cs is being ported by the cs tam ie that made counter stirke n cz, isnt valve doing it. and if so arent these ppl who worked on hl2?

frankly right now i dont give a damn abt CS:S. hl2 is all taht matters.

remember there are a lot of cs players out there, cs could well be an major piece of their plan...

Back