Having Controller issues

nctarheel704

Reaction score
I don't like using the keyboard and mouse so i went and got a Logitech Dual Action joypad/controller. It installed correctly. works fine with other games, but when i try to play half life 2 I've added the info in the config file to set up the joypad like the xbox controller. when i load my game the view spins as if your where holding the right stick to the right. Can someone plase help me resolve this issue

I don't mean to be unhelpful (trying to be the opposite, in fact) but you should really get used to playing with a keyboard and mouse, you'll find it is vastly superior in FPS gaming. "I don't like it" is not an excuse.

thanks for " NOT " helping. I dont like having to use the keyboard to walk and use functions in the game. i would reather use a controller..

I don't know how to help you on your problem, but I didn't see the harm in giving you my 2 cents.

Next time I just won't post at all.

Have a nice day, jerk.

I'll just be out getting kills that you can't because you're aiming with a joystick.

Play computer games with computer peripherals and console games with console peripherals.

Problem solved.

I hope you understand that this isn't a support group!

Thanks for coming!

I don't like using the keyboard and mouse so i went and got a Logitech Dual Action joypad/controller. It installed correctly. works fine with other games, but when i try to play half life 2 I've added the info in the config file to set up the joypad like the xbox controller. when i load my game the view spins as if your where holding the right stick to the right. Can someone plase help me resolve this issue

We don't like yer kind 'round hea!
If you're going to get a game for the computer, use computer controls

I have a Windows unit and a Windows controller. :p I also have a cool PE explorer, the link to the console commands, the location of the config file; and if that doesn't do it, there's always the trusty ol' Saitek. And you young whippersnappers should be more respectful of yer elders. I can't speak for that other guy. but this ol' timer started gaming with an Atari 2600. I got no truck with this newfangled "keyboard..." :p :p

Back