HEADLINE: America is screwed

The military creates hundreds of thousands of jobs, Dan. Hardly solely a "power amplifier".

That's called keynesianism. And it doesn't work for the same reason that paying people to dig holes and fill them doesn't work.

Not to mention that Bernanke attempts to just print the difference of our deficit, which causes all these ridiculous bubbles. Then their solution to fixing that is to inflate our money supply more by lowering interest rates to artificial levels. It's a cycle I wish I didn't have to be a part of. We need a recession now more than anything, but the Fed is insistent on building it up first. We've been turned into a consumer nation by this inflated money supply and borrowed money. It's all going to come back and bite us hard.
Can you translate that for a layperson like me?

Ok, I am no economist, but this is my understanding. Basically, inflation helps to keep the market more liquid, because you can't just horde dollars, you have to invest it in something so everything is moving around a lot. The Federal Reserve has been using this tactic to try to keep building up the economy by circulating the same money through the market faster. And then this eventually leads to a crash or the credit issues we see today.

The EU as an economic block is still stable and experiencing economic growth, so if America goes down, Europe shouldn't be hit as hard as in the past. The Euro is going to replace the U.S dollar as the world currency soon.

Ru Paul for president ..work it super model

Raptor_jesus ..the terrorists also hate your freedoms

America will probably collapse in the next fifty years or so. With all the money the U.S. owes China, expect Washington D.C. to be renamed New Beijing.:p

Of course DoD spending is ****ed up...hell a company charged the Pentagon something like $4500 to ship two packages to a unit in Iraq...inside each package was a SINGLE SCREW

I hear you guys have nuclear missiles on submarines too.

I for one look forward to the imminent Nuclear World War between America and China. :E

Back