'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'

I think you'll find the problem is that your "opinions" are unfounded prejudicial nonsense. And that you have a very high-and-mighty, judgemental attitude when you haven't even begun to earn the right to look down on these people. You're 18 ****ing years old, which I guessed before I went to check. And you're talking shit about people years older than you who have actually accomplished something significant with their lives, whereas you have yet to really begin yours. You are in absolutely no position to be so arrogant. Much as you think you have an answer for everything, you actually know **** all.

Again, just expressing my views. No need to get all worked up. I think you're mistaking my not succumbing to your point of view as arrogance. Anyway sorry if I upset you.

Your "views" greatly disturb me to no end. It makes me rather angry, too.

Again, just expressing my views. No need to get all worked up. I think you're mistaking my not succumbing to your point of view as arrogance. Anyway sorry if I upset you.

The arrogance is in the presumptions you make about the intelligence, character and beliefs of people who join the military. Nothing to do with anyone else's point of view.

Hobostomp, nobody has a problem with you expressing an opinion, it's just that it's stupid.

You think you can boil down the entire armed forces into manchildren who just want to get kicks from shooting things. At the same time, you seem content to just gloss over the realistic necessity of such bodies and entirely avoid comparisons with other risky jobs such as, say, law enforcement. Those should have value intrinsic to your opinion of men and women in the military. But no, you refuse to even engage those elements. Your position would probably be more understandable if it was framed by some military atrocity or a dissatisfaction with current conflicts, but that's not the case. You just flat-out think every enlistee is selfish.

If you think it's fair to level that kind of gross, generalized judgment on the military, then surely you can accept and put up with similar treatment from other denizens of this forum when it comes to your own expressed views.

Back