Help my brother get a scholarship!

Dumb Dude

Spy
Reaction score
My brother is trying to earn a scholarship for a study abroad opprotunity in the summer. His essay has to earn the most 'likes' in order for this to happen.

I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could go to the link, scroll about a third down and hit the 'like' button:

http://www.studyabroad101.com/giveaway/posts/61

Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: Guys, there is no need to over think this. This nationwide organization is judging the entries based on essay quality and 'likes'. I know how it looks but can you please help out by clicking the like button? I realize it's too much to ask but I would really really appreciate the few seconds it takes to click the link then click the like button.

Something tells me the likes will have very little (more like NO) effect on deciding who will be the winner. They're most likely for publicity purposes. Not trying to be a downer, but I think of the current five entries, that Pablo guy probably has the strongest essay (in my not so important opinion). But christ none of these kids knows how to indent?

I don't intend to sound harsh, but in my opinion it should be rewritten. The grammar and sentence structure could flow a lot more smoothly. Also, could use a little more sincerity rather than just using a lot of adjectives/adverbs. (ie: I am very positive that studying abroad in Italy will undoubtedly enhance my skills as an artist and broaden my mind to new and exciting challenges.)

But truly best of luck to him. :)

Is your brother, by any chance, a Smart Dude? It'd be sad to hear if stupidity runs through the entire family.

Haha Shem, yeah he's not at all like me :p

Deathmaster and Neutrino, I appreciate the input but at this point the essay is submitted and all I ask is a simple 'like' if you can spare the few seconds. You can go ahead and like the others too but I would greatly appreciate it if you also did to my brother's.

I actually genuinely don't think I should participate in a system that's handing out scholarships based on facebook likes. Sorry.

Sorry but I'm giving my like for the year to The Salvation Army so it can help a lonely O.A.P have a nice Christmas Dinner with other people.

What do I click if I don't like it. I have to click something, right? Is that how the internet works now?

Like or don't like, there is no dislike.

Come on fellas, no need to be all scrooge like. It only takes a few seconds, or a couple of minutes if you read it, to click the like button. I know it's not completely based on the number of likes but I feel that every little bit helps.

Thanks to everyone that's done it though! Greatly appreciate it.

What sort of university grants scholarship based on Facebook likes? Are the lecturers too lazy to read the papers themselves?

Guys, there is no need to over think this. This nationwide organization is judging the entries based on essay quality and 'likes'. I know how it looks but can you please help out by clicking the like button? I realize it's too much to ask but I would really really appreciate the few seconds it takes to click the link then click the like button.

[I edited my original post with this info for any newcomers to the thread.]

The reason I post this is because most of you have replied in criticism to the whole idea instead of helping out like TollBooth Willie did (Thanks a bunch by the way! :)). I don't know if anyone else has done it but thanks to all that have!

I'm giving my like for the year to my best friend's cancer facebook group, sorry. You're a little late on the punch.

I liked it. Actually, I didn't like the essay, but I liked it anyway. If that makes sense.

Guys, there is no need to over think this. This nationwide organization is judging the entries based on essay quality and 'likes'. I know how it looks but can you please help out by clicking the like button? I realize it's too much to ask but I would really really appreciate the few seconds it takes to click the link then click the like button.

[I edited my original post with this info for any newcomers to the thread.]

The reason I post this is because most of you have replied in criticism to the whole idea instead of helping out like TollBooth Willie did (Thanks a bunch by the way! :)). I don't know if anyone else has done it but thanks to all that have!

Or it could be because we have no idea who your brother is or if he actually deserves the scholarship over the other candidates. Not to mention this is all pretty presumptuous considering this was your first post in over a year (hi, btw!). That and I don't use facebook.

But hey, good luck to him anyway.

Back