HL2.net Trouble in Terrorist Town revival!

If the attack doesn't stop by around Thursday, I'll probably switch to a new server host. I'm not letting this shit ruin our fun. Yes, it will cost a lot more, but the chance of this shit happening on a bigger host is a lot less probable.

NFO? :)

I've never played, but I just re-installed gmod. I'll give it a try.

Well this is a load of shit. Put a note in the OP so people don't get their hopes up for now. :(

New server up, updated the OP with the details.

We're also going to try out a feature that I've wanted in TTT but was not aware of it being built into the game until now, which is positional audio. This means player voices come from the players themselves, so the further you get from someone the quieter they will be.

I think this would be a really exciting and tense dynamic to add to the game, but we'll have to see how much we all enjoy it.

I've moved to a new server host, re-configured the server, and re-added all the maps/content. Everything is like normal now, and the IP has been updated in the original post.

Also, if you're admin, please install XGUI:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13353037/xgui.zip
Extract the "ulib" and "ulx" folders into your Steam/steamapps/<account name>/garrysmod/garrysmod/addons folder.

Type "bind <key> xgui" in Garry's Mod console. <key> can be any key you want it to be.
Upon pressing that binded key in-game, it will open up a fancy admin management menu.

Also added a ton of new maps from here.

And then Garry's Mod broke.

Just... the best luck. :)

Gmod has been fixed, now we just need to restart the server and we can play tonight. Woo!

Server's up. Few people seemed interested in playing tonight, so hop in group chat or just keep an eye on your friends list if you're cool enough to have any of us on there. :cool:

Modified some of the TTT weapon files, so the MAC10 shouldn't be as overpowered, and the M16 is a little bit more powerful/accurate.

Thank God for the m16 buff, that weapon is so shite usually.

Thanks for those tweaks, those were the only weapons I really had an issue with. :)

So we had a bit of a... hectic game today. Just to reiterate one of the rules: please don't be a dick. As if I have to say it, this includes but is not limited to: indiscriminately throwing grenades everywhere like a twat at the start of the round. Even as a traitor this is ****ing stupid as you're just as likely to kill a teammate as an innocent. Yes, that includes discombobulators, as I was killed by them twice. Ledges exist. I already know one of the people who was doing it, and they've explained themselves and apologized so I won't repeat who it was here, but there was obviously at least one other person doing it. It's possible it could have been one of the couple of non-regulars playing, but on the off chance it wasn't and the person doing it is reading this: ****in... stop it. Seriously. The game completely emptied out thanks to your bullshit, so you're not even doing yourself any favours if you want these games to continue. Not trying to speak for any other admins here, but if I personally catch anyone else doing it again, they're getting at least a week's bannage.

All that said, sorry if I was a bit on edge about it. Some shit went down IRL just before I joined and I totes was not in the mood for any stupidity. Any other day and I would've been more patient about it. Last thing I want is for people to think the server is a huge no-fun zone, but at the same time I wish certain people would realise that waiting five minutes for a round to end because some asshole killed you for no reason is no fun either. Put simply, shenanigans* are fine as long as you're not the only one laughing.

shenanigans.jpg

As far as this game goes I think I'm pretty good at deception, but jesus christ the fact that I suck so much at Counter-Strike means that if the shit hits the fan and everything goes into a firefight I'm screwed. Need to buy the knife more I think.

As far as this game goes I think I'm pretty good at deception, but jesus christ the fact that I suck so much at Counter-Strike means that if the shit hits the fan and everything goes into a firefight I'm screwed. Need to buy the knife more I think.

That's how it always was with me. Good at deception, lousy at killing people. I have annihilated whole teams though before.

definitely buy the knife. One hit silent kill.

Sorry for ignoring a couple of you recently - I'll probably be down for playing tonight and/or whenever the next match is. I've been away-and-back from the computer a ton over the last few days, messages simply got missed :V

Throw the knife when you can.
Silenced Pistol is also a very nice traitor weapon, but you have to master it in order to use it without getting caught. One headshot, 1-2 bodyshots, and they're dead.
Miss, and you're dead.

The main advantage of the silenced pistol is that you can harass and possibly even kill people from a distance without anybody knowing what is happening.

Thanks! It's just a silly trailer I made for a short story I'm doing atm.

Seeing my name pop up on screen was momentarily confusing. :v

Are you guys currently playing this? Glenn told me there was interest in the community again, but screw you guys if you think I'm going to host a server that you play on once every two weeks.

But, I do miss you... <3

Just letting ya'll know I'm still working on that story, looking at a possible Tuesday release (Valve time).

Back