Help solve the TF2 ARG

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
slide.jpg

The game is afoot! We've already mentioned that unusual updates in Team Fortress 2 have been happening over the last few days and if you all help to solve it should be elementary! Ok, enough with the Conan Doyle.

Basically in order to help you must first acquire two banana peels in Team Fortress 2. You should get one or more junk items whenever you get a weapon drop. Once you have two banana peels craft them together and you should get an error message that looks like this. Then post the details of your particular error message to this site and the ARG boffins will do the rest. To get fast updates on progress you can join this Steam group.

It turns out that these codes translate into images, the first of which has already been deciphered. It was a QR code that led to this address. As you can see it appears to be part of a story about Saxton Hale. Add your codes to the pile and we should be able to get the rest.

Update: I go to sleep for a few hours and it's already done in the morning. Thank you to anyone who contributed. Here is the final result.

Attachments

• bananaerror.jpg
    bananaerror.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 2,211
  • argstory.png
    argstory.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,207
Damn, Valve are good at these ARGs.
I wonder how they even come up with them sometimes.

Wait, is that a script?

Is Mr Hale going to get his very own video?

please be episode 3:glenn:
Im still hopeing for the "Meet The Pyro" is gonna be like.. Pyro takes off his/her mask, and theres just a giant HL3 Logo on his/her neck..
Think about it. TF2 came with all the HL2 games, and now its coming to its end, with the release of meet the pyro.. Call me - Maybe? =)

What if Poopy Joe is the Pyro. Eh? Eeeeeeeeh? And isn't it weird that in all the descriptions of these items that it has the word MYSTERIOUS in it?

Back