Help! Steam won't work!

Reaction score
My Steam won't work. I've had this problem for a while, and I can't seem to fix it. Whenever I click the steam icon on my taskbar, the "Connecting Steam Account" window pops up, and shortly after, in the taskbar, a small sliver of yellow appears, almost as if it's trying to download something. If it helps, I also recently switched motherboards (yes I did Reinstall Steam) Someone help please!

Firewall issue or conflicting program perhaps?

I've seen issues in the past where Steam just refused to install properly on some machines. If you have another PC you can install Steam onto, then copy and replace all the /Steam folder on your PC with the problem, you may be able to get around your issue. (Let Steam update on the alternate machine first).

Firewall issue or conflicting program perhaps?

I've seen issues in the past where Steam just refused to install properly on some machines. If you have another PC you can install Steam onto, then copy and replace all the /Steam folder on your PC with the problem, you may be able to get around your issue. (Let Steam update on the alternate machine first).
Let me get this straight: you're saying that I should log on to steam on another computer, and then reinstall steam on the one with the problem, right?

No, he's saying install Steam on another computer, or if you already have it installed on a computer that has no problems with it, copy the directory to the computer that doesn't run it properly.

Back