Help with CS1.6

Dr. Freeman

Reaction score
first of all, im sorry if there is a topic on this subject already...i did i search and didn't find one.. so apoligies in advance if needed :)

heres my problem.. i don't have a mouse pointer in CS1.6

i don't have it whether i go to the CS1.6 start screen (the one where u click to launch the game from the games list) and don't have it in the game either.. so stuff like muting a player is right now impossible for me (as for as i know anyway)

i have the latest video drivers for my voodoo3 (please don't laugh...i've had it for 4-5 years now, good while it lasted) so i doubt the drives are the problem.

anyone know anything about this? please help!!! thanks :bounce:

Well actually muting people in CS 1.6 (newest patch) is different now, so your pointer is not supposed to show up. You don't use Tab anymore to mute someone. You're supposed to press the ESC button and choose from the player list who you want to mute. As for your pointer not showing up in the start screen... How have you been playing the game enough to know that you can't mute people if you don't even have a pointer? Are you saying it functions correctly but you just don't see it when it moves on the screen?

i guess im saying that the pointer works... but i don't see the mouse pointer.. and that is annoying.

im using the Microsoft Itelli Optical mouse for those that are wondering.. and the mouse seems to work fine with Steam.. just that the pointer doesn't show up in the game..

if i get disconnected from a server or kicked (both happen alot to me for some reason) i get that box saying "ur connection timed out: u were kicked" etc.. etc. but since i don't have a mouse pointer, i can't click the "okay" button there..

please help.. its getting annoying..

I have no idea why it works but it doesn't show the mouse pointer. Sorry, I can't help you there.

thanks anyway Yatta, at least u posted in here trying to help by asking important questions about the matter..

just wish more pple would look into this section of the forum more often..

and then pple wonder why specific topics get posted in the 1-2 popular sections (IE General Discussion) and get mad at the poster.. well this is a perfect reason.. not enough pple look here!!

and i still have the mouse pointer problem :x

I've never heard anyone discuss this problem before... It might be worth posting it on www.steampowered.com/forums as they deal with a lot more queries like this one. Do you use a special mouse pointer or is it just a default Windows one? That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that might cause you to have any problems.

Back