HELP! with xbox disk tray please!

L

larrythecowlover

My XBox wasn't reading some of my disks so I decided to blow the dust out of it with a compressor, WOW thats alot of dust. In the process of doing this i bumped my disk tray shut, and now it wont open. When i hit the open button I can hear the motor trying to work but it wont go. I have tried prying on the tray and pulling on it at the same time that I hit the button and still no luck. I know about the little hole that you stick a paper clip in, but there doesn't seem to be a button in there, I pushed haard and nothing moved. How do I use that little button, and how can I fix this? I would rather not take it apart, but if thats the only option can I get some how to instructions?:( I appreciate any advice.

Well im not going to waste my time trying to explain how to open your Xbox when you could google it like I did my first time. Sounds like it might have slipped off the tracks,or god forbid...you broke a piece of something. Open that bad boy up and figure it out.

well, i figured it out without opening it, just a little prying, slight tweaking, and hitting it with my head real hard and heY! it opened

oh ya, now it says there is a problem with every single game i put in it AHHHH i tried compressed air too. Am i screwed?

So- let me get this straight. You joined this HL2 forum for the primary purpose of asking a question on how to fix an xbox disk tray? Wouldn't it have made more sense to google for some sort of xbox do-it-yourself site or something? You thought an HL2 forum was your best option? Do you even own HL2 on xbox? Or are you an existing forum member, and you made a secondary account solely to ask this question, to avoid embarrassment?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you what you can or can't post in these forums, (hell- you can post whatever you like- it doesn't upset me!) but that is one of the dumbest things - firstly to do, and secondly to join and ask for help here, that I have seen in a while. I mean, if you were an exisiting member, I guess you might post here as well as better places, but to join just to ask that- or make a fake account to hide behind?

Thanks for the laugh!

Don't fix what ain't broke- especially when you have no idea what you are doing!

*Jumps on bandwagon

Yea, I heard that Microsoft offers help support for Xbox - but it could just be a rumor. They have this little rinky-dink website called www.Microsoft.com

:p

VirusType2 said:
*Jumps on bandwagon

Yea, I heard that Microsoft offers help support for Xbox - but it could just be a rumor. They have this little rinky-dink website called www.Microsoft.com

:p
man that site is really rinky-dink

You're right! Man, they must be such noobs! No wonder he posted in here to find the answers!

What on earth do you honestly expect me to reply to that? You want me to say a macho line about being the toughest guy around? Or make up some bogus high pay / high status job for myself? Or make some smart remark to you about who you are?
If you don't like something I've posted, just say it, don't pussy-foot around.

Shasta said:
You're right! Man, they must be such noobs! No wonder he posted in here to find the answers!

Thats the point...it seems illogical to post for xbox help in a pc gaming forum. There are plenty of xbox forums out there and even guides on fixing this and help at microsofts main website. Given all of those resources he posted HERE for help.

IonizeMyAtoms said:
What the ****
You're all tools
Who cares where he posts, geez

Uhh we care, what would our boards be like if it were cluttered with xbox help as if we were a friggin help desk?

What would they look like if people posted for help whenever someone had any minor problem that could be solved with a quick google search or one of those brain process thingies...it rhymes with ought and has a th in it somewhere. Oh well, it doesn't matter no one uses it anymore anyways.

IonizeMyAtoms said:
What the ****
You're all tools
Who cares where he posts, geez
I don't care that he posted in here, I'm just laughing that he DID. Read my first post properly.

Danimal- I'm not trying to start a flame-war or anything. :)

You shouldn't have used an air compressor. That could have caused static in the system and destroyed something else. You need to get it repaired now.

Back