Help!

G-MAN

Reaction score
Yea, hi

I've been trying to play CS:S on our laptop, because we don't have a computer. and when I try to play on server it stays in for like 5-10 seconds then crashes. Before it crashes some object's are flashing.
And when it crashes this error comes up
error-2.jpg

It's really pissing me off. I updated the video drivers. But still does it.
Help?

Thanks

Computer specs please?
Some laptops have shittastic onboard cards.

Try verifying cache.

Already did that this morning, nothing happen, same problem.

Computer specs please?
Some laptops have shittastic onboard cards.

Time of this report: 2/11/2009, 11:43:38
Machine name: COMPUTER-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_ldr.081020-1655)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 1501
BIOS: BIOS Version 2.6.1
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1918MB RAM
Page File: 1181MB used, 2891MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Xpress Series (0x5975)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&SUBSYS_01F51028&REV_00
Display Memory: 830 MB
Dedicated Memory: 127 MB
Shared Memory: 703 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: atiumdag.dll,atiumdva.dat,atitmmxx.dll
Driver Version: 7.14.0010.0449 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 10/17/2007 04:33:58, 2494464 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:

I have a similar laptop. You're going to have a very hard time getting it to run with any decent speed. The first thing you need to do is open the "set launch parameters" box by right clicking CSS in Steam, selecting properties, then clicking "set launch parameters".
In the box, type "-dxlevel 81" without the quotes. This will launch the game in Dx8 mode--practically the only way you're going to get it to work. Once it's loaded, enter a self-made server, then once the map's loaded quit out and remove the command from the command line. It'll stay in Dx8 mode but now you'll be able to edit all the graphics settings properly. I suggest putting everything at low.

Hope that helps.

I have a similar laptop. You're going to have a very hard time getting it to run with any decent speed. The first thing you need to do is open the "set launch parameters" box by right clicking CSS in Steam, selecting properties, then clicking "set launch parameters".
In the box, type "-dxlevel 81" without the quotes. This will launch the game in Dx8 mode--practically the only way you're going to get it to work. Once it's loaded, enter a self-made server, then once the map's loaded quit out and remove the command from the command line. It'll stay in Dx8 mode but now you'll be able to edit all the graphics settings properly. I suggest putting everything at low.

Hope that helps.

Now it just closes out with no error at all

Oooh, you...bumper you. I wonder if he got it fixed...he really shouldn't have given up like a baby so quick.

Back