Hey Hey Hey

Capthemfoos

Reaction score
Hey I just joined the site as I am now convinced that the Half Life Series is the best in gaming history. I'd have to say Mass Effect and ME2 are a close second :cheese:

Haha, anyways, I play it on my 360, but I have a jesus PC that can play graphics intensive games. So I may look into getting it for PC but my first priority will be getting Half Life 1 and its expansions.

Anyways, just a quick question, do people still play Valve's old games like HL2 Deathmatch, Day of Defeat, or HL: Deathmatch? Just wondering...

As a future reference it isnt a good idea to talk about piracy, as its not allowed on the forums.

And yes, you should absolutely buy the series off of Steam.

Also, I think some people still play those multiplayer games, though the population is still gonna be pretty low...

Some people still play HL2 Deathmatch, DoD etc but Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike 1.6 and Counter-Strike: Source have much bigger populations. You can see the most played Steam games here.

CSS, CS 1.6 and Modern Warfare 2 are always battling for the top three places with TF2 and L4D2 usually at positions five and six respectively but L4D, DoD, DoDS, TFC and HL2 Deathmatch are all on the top 100 most played.

Welcome to HL2.net and enjoy your stay!

The playerbase isn't too great.. and I wasn't fond of HL1/2DM anyway.

Depends where you live. If you live in the us there are still enough people playing for it to be fun. If you live in a country with less people those games are probably dead.

And Hi

Back