hey im looking to upgrade my pc

||Diablo||

Reaction score
hey ive been searchin the net for some good bundle deals and gfxs cards so far i found these 2 great sites that have great deals tell me if it is worth upgrading from

pentuim 4 , 1.6ghz TO AMD Athlon XP Barton 3000

nvidea geforce 3 ti 200 TO 128MB Crucial Radeon 9800 Pro

128mb sdram TO 512MB 333MHz DDR RAM

dunno my mother board but ill be getting this one Asus A7N8X Deluxe Mainboard

the web sites i got these are

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-XB30BU
(bundle: processor/ram/motherboard)

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/partspecs.asp?imodule=CTV9800P128A28&cat=Video+Card
(graphics card)

so outve £1000 of my pc upgrade money thatll all come to a

£647

id just like your feed back if im makin the right upgrades
:cheers:

More ram. Maybe better cpu if you only want that.

And of course also new psu and a new cooler.

well firstly:
if u change cpus u'll need a new motherboard, = money , i suggest NForce2 board

secondly:
if u change the memory u'll need a new motherboard, = money

thirdly:
getting the fastest possible graphics card just isnt wise, as it'll be out of date in 3 months time... i suggest you hunt for a good 9700Pro deal, as its a little bit older, but still an awesome card

kewl thks... after look at the prices of an alien ware pc id rather not spend that much O_O .... that upgrade would be ok.... or can i get an motherboard/1gig ram/ 3ghz processor for around £400? seprate

How much is that in USD? :\ You can probably get an Nforce 2, barton 2500 and 512mb ram for that much. Im not sure what good webstie stores there are in the uk.

Diablo, that orignal bundle you had up there was a great system.
It had the nForce2 chipset, which is great, and one of the best AMD processors on the market. Get that bundle, the vido card, and invest in another 512MB stick of pc2700 RAM.

Fiskr_Q: You have no idea what you're tlaking about. a 3000+ is almsot the best CPU AMD makes. It doesn't get much better than that. Also, 512MB of RAM is enough, but more is always better.

PistolOnly: If you read his post you'd see that hes getting an A78NX-D, which is a great Mobo that is a nForce2 based, and has all the requirements for his system. Also, you're telling him that he shouldn't get a 9800pro becuase it will be outdated in 3 monthes, while suggesting he gets a 9700Pro that will be outdated sooner?

And TrueWeltall: the 3000+ is better than a p4 2.53 on the 533FSB. Much better.

||Diablo|| Get that original make you had. It was a much better gaming setup than what anyone else suggested.

Originally posted by SidewinderX143

And TrueWeltall: the 3000+ is better than a p4 2.53 on the 533FSB. Much better.

Well the Barton 3000+ cost 269 USD and the Intel 2.4B is 166 USD, Hell the 2.4C cost 171 USD and can OC to 3ghz on the stock HSF! I dont know about you but i would go with the intel. 3000+ is a waste of money, you could always get a lower clocked 2500+ and OC but im not sure how high they can go.

(All prices taken from Newegg)

True: He's not buying from newegg, and not everone OC's their schip, expecially, if they don't plan on buying a new PC for awhile.
The 3000+ bundle he's looking at is only £40 more than the p4 2.53, and he will get much better performance out of the 3000+ than the the p4 2.53.

Also, contrary to popular belief, A lot of people (gasp) don't overclock thier CPU!

He said he has a £1000 budget, get the best for your money.

Back