Will Oblivion Run on my PC

I reckon it should get a subforum. It'll have about 100 mini-mods out after the first month of release no doubt.

StardogChampion said:
I reckon it should get a subforum. It'll have about 100 mini-mods out after the first month of release no doubt.

Yeh, Elder Scolls 3 had an awesome SDK, so many plugins. I used to love collecting and organising my book collection, or placing helmets of my victims on the shelf. :D

On that subject are all NPCs killable? I hated how you killed someone and it bleeped up quests and stuff. When I stole stuff and they attacked me, what am I suppose to do?

Give it a sub-forum god damnit!

CR0M said:
What the hell does multiplayer have to do with anything? it's probably the biggest game to hit shelves this year, and most groundbreaking since HL2 introduced physics to mainstream gamers. It deserves it's own tropical island with mountain-top laser, dammit

I agree ........mostly about the mountain top laser, who cares about oblivion when you have one of those?

Mutley said:
On that subject are all NPCs killable? I hated how you killed someone and it bleeped up quests and stuff. When I stole stuff and they attacked me, what am I suppose to do?
I believe so. I think they mentioned this in an interview about how people relating to the main quest at least can't be killed, but most everyone else can be. They'll still get mad at you though and some will hunt you down apparently! There's the one famous example of punching a priest in church and a follower went home to grab a sword to attck the player with! Crazy AI! That is the part I am most excited about! Its part of what makes GTA so much fun--the freedom to do whatever you like and if it gets too hairy: Restore/Restart! :thumbs:

STALKER and Oblivion definitely have very interesting AIs.:)
Albeit STALKERs interest me more because it seems alot more complex than Oblivion, they're both very nice..
Atleast we don't have stale NPCs that just stand there 7 days a week doing nothing <3

CptStern said:
holy shit Oblivion just became my goty!!

/me warms up

:LOL: ^

Does anyone know if NPC's will actually starve to death if they don't eat? if they do, i'm gonna impose a food embargo on a town by removing all supplies, sitting back, and watching them all drop in the streets

I don't think so, neither does the player sadly..
Fanboys whine saying it'd get too annoying, but they could do it easy, i.e. you only have to eat one "meal" a day, ain't that hard..>.<
I'm too spoiled with realistic features by roguelikes.. <3

Spoonoop said:
I think Oblivion will run quite nicely on my system - specs: AMD 64 3400+ (socket 754) | 1GB PC3200 DDR400 OCZ (single stick) | X800XL 256MB GDDR3. I better put in my DVD drive before I buy Oblivion tough. I wish I could run 2GB of RAM on my system but with stupid socked 754 it would end up slowing down to DDR333 if I was to add anymore memory modules, which, most people say, is a drastic drop. Once prices get lower I will consider a 939 mobo and CPU, but right now I think an upgrade is very unnecessary.
Edit: By the way screw xbox 360 :)

It's hardly a drop. I'm running DDR333 with DDR400 1GB OCZ. You don't notice a difference. 3dMarks is only like 50 off. No FPS change.

It's hardly a drop. I'm running DDR333 with DDR400 1GB OCZ. You don't notice a difference. 3dMarks is only like 50 off. No FPS change.
Heh, I guess it would be a waste for me to buy a 939 mobo and processor just so I can have 2GB RAM running at DDR400, when I can have 2GB at DDR333 with what I have. But there is also the deal with dual channel that 939 takes advantage of. But my question is, is it better/faster to have 1GB running at DDR400, or add another stick to make 2GB, but running at DDR333?

holy shit Oblivion just became my goty!!

/me warms up brass knuckles
Can't wait till I mod those in :)
Hell ill start modeling em tommarow

A64 3500+ (@2.2GHz)
2GB PC3200 RAM
7800GT

Yeah, I won't have a problem.

I think Gargantou should take screens for the pc version . I'm curious to see the differences in the detail if any. Hmm i havent seen a mod in here yet maybe there on vacation.

Sure, can do.:)
I have one that just meets the minimum requirements also, so it'll be fun comparing it to those with the recommended..
My shitty comp = 2.5 Ghz P4(Decent) 512MB RAM(Hilariously inadequate, especially when working with 3D rendering), 9800Pro(This ol' chap has served me well).:)

AMD XP 2000+ (overclocked to about 2250), 1 GB DDR 333 (oc'd to 375), ATI 9800 Pro. If I oc my 9800 also, it *should* run medium settings.

Gargantou said:
I don't think so, neither does the player sadly..
Fanboys whine saying it'd get too annoying, but they could do it easy, i.e. you only have to eat one "meal" a day, ain't that hard..>.<
I'm too spoiled with realistic features by roguelikes.. <3

I agree, would be a nice little touch, and no more hassle than it is to eat something in real life.

My 6800 ultra is going to struggle I think, it even chugs along in Morrowind sometimes with everything turned up to 11.

Yikes!!!
Dan: Yeah… the PC version of the game is definitely going to need a burly machine to play well on high detail at high resolutions. What I played at the event ran pretty well with only a couple of hiccups in performance when there were a lot of characters on screen, but even then it wasn't unplayable by any means. That said, Bethesda told me that the specs of the machine I was playing on and it was a 3.2 GHz processor with 2.0 GB of RAM and an X1900 video card. That's a nice machine and it's all we've had the chance to play the game on. Who knows how the game will look or run on a machine with the minimum requirements? It's just something we're going to have to wait and see I guess.

How could a X1900 hiccup in a game and he siad it ran well WELL!!!! ohh man.

How could a X1900 hiccup in a game and he siad it ran well WELL!!!! ohh man.
Hey what did they just spend the last few months doing??
OPTIMIZING THE HELL OUT OF OBLIVION FOR THE 360 AND PC VERSION.

Thank you come again.

My 6800 ultra is going to struggle I think, it even chugs along in Morrowind sometimes with everything turned up to 11.
morrowind had the most pathetic unoptimized rendering engine in the world.

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
THey spent the last few months taking out the soft shadows HAHAHAHAHAH
For some static objects... thats it.

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
Is there any shadowing at all in Oblivion?
No, they totaly took out shadowing...

*slaps forhead*
Of course theres fukin shadowing... they just took it off of some objects (buildings, etc) because it was too much of a performance hit for shadowing things that did really need to be shadowed.

Not to mention that their using shadow-mapping, which works alot bette than the methods of shadowing that Doom 3 and FEAR used. So not only will it look better, but also run faster, especially if you have a SM3.0 card.

WhiteZero said:
No, they totaly took out shadowing...

*slaps forhead*
Of course theres fukin shadowing... they just took it off of some objects (buildings, etc) because it was too much of a performance hit for shadowing things that did really need to be shadowed.

Not to mention that their using shadow-mapping, which works alot bette than the methods of shadowing that Doom 3 and FEAR used. So not only will it look better, but also run faster, especially if you have a SM3.0 card.
So what your saying is there is soft shadowing ,Its was just taken off of some objects?.

I wonder if the 360 has SM3.0

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
So what your saying is there is soft shadowing ,Its was just taken off of some objects?.
I'm loading my gun now...
lol
:p

I dunno if it uses SM3... I'd assume so. If not, then it dosent matter cuz the code would be optimized for 360 hardware.

Back