HL2 Demo Today

cliffe

Reaction score
Half-Life 2 Demo Coming Today at 1:00 p.m. PST

A free demo of Half-Life 2 will be released later today. Featuring some of the amazing digital actors and physical gameplay that has made Half-Life 2 the leading contender for Game of the Year 2004, the demo takes players through some of the early levels of the game and later transports them to the area of the game known as Ravenholm. The demo will debut on ATI.com, and requires a Steam account to install. For more information about Half-Life 2, please visit www.half-life2.com.

im tempted even though i completed the game ages ago. decisions, decisions

cool cliffe!

will you need steam to play, or just to download?

lol, should have been "For more information about Half-Life 2, please visit www.halflife2.net" ehehehe

So no new material like HL:Uplink then? Oh well... can't have everything...

Thanks for the heads up, going to distribute it around to my friends to get them to buy!

cliffe said:
Half-Life 2 Demo Coming Today at 1:00 p.m. PST

A free demo of Half-Life 2 will be released later today. Featuring some of the amazing digital actors and physical gameplay that has made Half-Life 2 the leading contender for Game of the Year 2004, the demo takes players through some of the early levels of the game and later transports them to the area of the game known as Ravenholm. The demo will debut on ATI.com, and requires a Steam account to install. For more information about Half-Life 2, please visit www.half-life2.com.
unexpectedly excellent. Kept that one quiet didn't you :)

AJ Rimmer said:
So no new material like HL:Uplink then? Oh well... can't have everything...
Yeah an Uplink style demo would've been faaaabulous. Daahling.

Cool :)

(for the 1-5 people on this planet that haven't bought it yet ;))

cool! So nothing like that halflife2 demo uplink? I wanted a new level
:(. oh well. I might just download it to see what levels the people get.

How long is 1pst from now?

Isnt it like 5GMT?

What time would this demo be released in Canada? Specifically, British Columbia, Canada.

1PST is 4EST.

So that would be 9GMT...
I think...

Much needed - knuckle draggers really need to know what it's all about (and then we have all those people who don't know if it'll run). That said, I have to say that Ravenholm is probably my least favourite chapter. I suppose it gives them the chance to demonstrate the Gravity Gun though...

cool i gt the game anyway but i;m going to download it

azz0r said:
so like an hour or 13 hours?
Haha no, it's coming in one hour.

It wouldn't be "today" if it was 1 AM, now would it? Gotta think about these things! Logic!

Well there was just a dip in the steam status graph so that must mean either the demo is getting distrubted over steam or theres an update happening at the same time.

cliffe please say it's face poser!

30 minutes for those confused on times.

No new content? Argh :(

The Uplink demo was a great idea back in the day...

YEAH!!!!!!! i'll be able to test run some fun b4 x-mas!
thank you valve!! you rock!

Back