HL2 MP Servers UP-NO JOKE

ive gotten all the single player maps to work for multiplayer

goign to try soon see if i can get coop to work

Gorgon said:
Yeah, somebody should mod it soon, ;)
And how would those be any more official?

Its ok to download maps now; the SDK has been legally released to the public.

oh so ****ed up
when it lags the barrels and stuff look like there in bullet time

*prods Sven Viking*

Hoi! You! You know what to do next!

I'll have to try this out- it'll be interesting to see the effect on dialup... :eek:

mannyfresh027 said:
hey, um... where is my hl2 maps folder?

its in c:, programfiles, valve, steam,your folder, steamapps,hl2, maps

Anyone else going to host a server? All the ones in this thread are dead to me thus far...

Heh, tried it out, it wasn't half as laggy as I expected. There's hope for a DM mod yet...

In other news, EDIT DAMN YOU YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A FORUM POST. *ahem*

Alright, to the people that came to my server, I hope you had fun with the gravity, physics, airboats, jeeps :E

I'm not going to start another server at the moment. Someone else pick up!

63.68.38.36:27015

It may lag since im only on cable. 32 people max. Too bad you cant chat.

Ahh yes, also. You can type status in the console to see who is playing, but I still dont know how to communicate with them.

sv_alltalk 1
say
say_team (or similar)

all three give an error message alluding to the fact that a sound (common/talk.wav) isn't available. I've tried making a talk.wav and putting it in a common folder (in different location, and in /sounds etc.) to no effect as yet... but maybe if we can fix that we can get chat.

EDIT: Woo, IT WORKS! Just need to try it with another player around to see if they can actually read it, even if only via console.

Problem is I made several instances of talk.wav (sound/common, sounds/common, all in different locations) so I'm not sure which is responsible. I presume that hl2/sound/common/talk.wav is the working one.

I got this error....

connect 63.68.38.36:27015
Network: IP xxx.xx.x.x, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Connecting to 63.68.38.36:27015...
Dropped User from server
Reason: Server shutting down
Retrying 63.68.38.36:27015...
Connection failed after 4 retries.

Please someone connect to this server (max players 10)

edit: nevermind. I'll go to bed afterall ;)

Hmm, there's all manner of multiplayer-related commands... sv_alltalk mentions something about universal communications (in the sense that it's not limited to teams), spec_ commands include spec_scoreboard... very interesting. So there was MP, and they dropped it. But why...?

If only I knew more about coding. Bah.

I think this could be another anti-piracy thing from valve, by releasing a update via the net that people are gona go out and download they can scan the game for cracks, and illegal pirated .exe files.

Just a theroy

You know this is going to be so much fun when it's properly modded.

69.166.69.149 For thos who want to experince it.

I just played 5 mins in your server Gelob but alot of lag! (like every server) Trying to kill players was nearly impossible!

Is this the netcode of HL2? CS Source should use the same netcode but that isn't like this one!

server is going down to work on getting talk to work.

oh man, that was horrible! :eek: don't try this and expect to have a lot of fun. It's just something you may want to briefly see so you know what we're talking about.

here dl this little mod http://www.justbi0.de/ and you can play mp unzip it and it has a readme on how to get it to work and then connect to my ip witch works and i am in the server right now.

IP: 24.43.34.107

Wasn't there an article saying that Valve had some sort of surprise??? This may be just it.....

Back