hl2 weapons identicle to hl1 sais gamespot?!

Silent_night

Reaction score
"Gordon's arsenal this time around seem virtually identical those of the original game, right on down to the sounds they make and their alternate firing modes. Specifically, while Half-Life's crowbar, pistol, revolver, submachine gun, shotgun, rocket launcher, and crossbow all received an obligatory face-lift for the sequel, each of these functions pretty much exactly as it did in the original game."

this kinda pissed me off i hope they r wrong!

if u wanna see the full preview go here http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/preview_6096237.html

keep in minde this is a few months old but still

Because there was a USP match, an MP5 and a manipulator in HL? hmm.. GameSpot was saying there are weapons from HL in HL2, but they're not all the same.

gamespot is wrong.. there are new weapons, and the old sounds are placeholders.

And since when does a sequile have to have compleatly different guns?
I know they have to have new guns and, YES they do. There are some that people who've seen the beta pictures know about. And even more that NO ONE knows about. Don't gripe about it. Game spot is freakn' stupid.
Only trust halflife2.net

Simple as that.

The old sounds WERE placeholders.

Puts on poser Moderator cap.

*CLOSED*

xrdanielalan said:
The old sounds WERE placeholders.

Puts on poser Moderator cap.

*CLOSED*

do u have ne proof they r just place holders? gabe said that the game is all done from start to finish

I fail to see the point in drudging through thousands of posts in an enamored attempt to prove an obvious point. I don't visit these forums to lie or post information that MAY not be true. They were placeholders: FACT!

all i need in hl2 to take on the entire combine force is the good ol' manipulator.....il be launching dune buggies ontop of swarming combine soldiers MUAHHHAHAHHA

B.Calhoun said:
all i need in hl2 to take on the entire combine force is the good ol' manipulator.....il be launching dune buggies ontop of swarming combine soldiers MUAHHHAHAHHA

hahahahahahaha... .

Thanks for the 8 month old news report, if it weren't for you, I might forget the stupid shit people have said and done in the past, I'm glad I have you around to keep refreshing my memory.

What else do you expect a gun to do. blow up the sun?
You can't just invent a gun. This game is meant to be as real as possible.
making a 9mm gun shut rockets isn't going to happen.

Greg, no offense, but can we ever get like an answer or comment to the actual topic at hand and not a witty comment (and i didnt mean that sarcastically, ur comments are quite funny), about what some idiot spelled wrong? Afterall i thought valve was all about "communication with the fans" :)

basically, is the article right? or have u been holding out on us? if so, alot or a little?

In My Opinion that HL2 will hav weapon identicall to HL1 keep the feeling of play the same game
cuz sometimes when I play a sequel of a game sometimes the sequel is soo diferent that I feel like playing another game

Greg has been mad posting lately. Thats awesome, you dont know how awesome it is to see the game devs posting in fan forums. I love it when I see you guys post here, amkes me feel like your really listening to us.

well think of it this way..

hl 2 will preserve some elements of hl..
just like D3 did from D-one .. as long as the parts don't get STALE after 4 mins

that and there better not be something like interact with the world for the first part of the game and action for the rest cause that gets STALe and anoying.. .

MAKE A GOOD GAME

RELEASE IT NOW>> forget CS:S its draging HL 2 down..

Silent_night said:
"Gordon's arsenal this time around seem virtually identical those of the original game, right on down to the sounds they make and their alternate firing modes. Specifically, while Half-Life's crowbar, pistol, revolver, submachine gun, shotgun, rocket launcher, and crossbow all received an obligatory face-lift for the sequel, each of these functions pretty much exactly as it did in the original game."

this kinda pissed me off i hope they r wrong!

if u wanna see the full preview go here http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2/preview_6096237.html

keep in minde this is a few months old but still

Aha!
/me rubs chin very sophisticately.

They are probably wrong. Lets take a count.

HL2 Weapons:
Stun Baton
Much better improved Crowbar. (Now has teeth!!!)
Magnum .357
USP Match
Flare gun. (Not much known)
PDW
OICW
Sniper
SPAS-12
Gauss
Manipulator
Icendiary
HE Gren
RPG
Molotov Cocktail
Alien Pheromones
and the HL1 classic, the crossbow.

I got these from HL2.net's Weapons page...

Now, lets see, I dont remember an OICW, Sniper, SPAS-12, Manipulator, Icendiary, Molotov Cocktail, Pheromones, PDW, Flare gun, and Stun baton in HL1.

Therefore, proving Gamespot wrong.

The sounds are much better, I'm guessing. Considering the fact that a lot has changed in HL2. If you think about it, why would we have the old crappy sounds, when they have something a lot better. There are probably more realistic weapon shell sounds out there, and I bet HL2 will have them.

Wow pretty long post lol..COOL :naughty: :cool:

I would expect many or most the HL weapons to appear in HL2. Just because a story timeline progresses some what does not mean older weapons will not be availalbe. Thats the beauty of the half-life series in that its a continueing story. Heck many militaries are usinging the same weapons they used over 35 years ago.

Well, there are things called, Scientific Advancedments, making guns 3x better than they were 10 years ago. Note that HL2 takes place 10 years from the Black Mesa accident. A lot of weapon improvements can be done in 10 years. Hence the Manipulator
Icendiary
Alien Pheromones

X2Cube said:
doom3 has the same guns that were in doom 1 :O

...and that's why Gamespot's review said the weapons were boring!

teh conspiracy!...gamespot hates old weapons/sounds.

and WTF do they mean USP match, there was a glock in HL and it sounded totally different than the USP.

gamespot is retarded

what about the guy where you make people float and disappear, manipulator? USP? mp5?

if you've even seen a video you know that there are lots new guns. idiots

dude, gamespot is the biggest n00b site you can go to when it coems to pc gaming. They blow.

Impulse147 said:
it was a glock, and this coming from a beta player: the weapon sounds do not sound like rehashed sounds from HL1.

A beta player? I am not aware of a beta testing team for HL2. All i know if is the HL2 Beta Leaked Version. Are you downloading something you shouldn't?

One thing I don't understand is the big difference between the PDW and the OICW. It's as if the OICW is just the bigger, more powerful, meaner version of the the PDW. Both have zoom (zoom seems to be built into the HEV suit now, since in the E3 2k4 demo, Gordon zoomed in when he had his pistol out in the Eli and Alyx lab scene). Both can launch grenades and both are automatic. Maybe the OICW can zoom in further and has better accuracy?

TST_Devgru Seal said:
A beta player? I am not aware of a beta testing team for HL2. All i know if is the HL2 Beta Leaked Version. Are you downloading something you shouldn't?

i think he was talking about hl1, where there's a glock in the pc release and a beretta in the ps2 version.

Milk, no thats not what he was talking about. He said he was a beta player for something, and said the glock sounds were not like HL1. As though he had a beta version of HL2, and compared them with PC HL1. You're thinking of a different post, Milk

Back