HL2 Won't Install Vista

blenkarnie

Reaction score
Hi All,

I bought HL 2 PV CD Rom a few years ago but it would not install on my XP so I left it on the shelf.

I have just bought a brand new gaming PC with Vista, no AV installed yet to make sure HL 2 would install.

But the same problem as last time. When I start the installation from the CD the moment I get to the scren asking me to tick the box for the agreement the box is gray and I can't go any further!

I have downloaded Steam and signed up for an account but that did not help.
Very grateful for advice,

blenkarnie. :stare:

If i remember correctly you have to scroll down the licence agreement before you can tick the box, it's to prevent you agreeing without actually reading what you are agreeing to.

Failing that you download the game and install it from Steam. Just create an account and register your CD key on it and you will be able to download the game.

Thank you very much AciD and Pimpinpenguin,
Brilliant! How did I not work that out!

Progress so far:

Fatal Error: "Failed to load platform modules"

I tried closing everything including steam and opening the game again but when I clicked on play Half Life 2 I got the same error message.

I checked the faq for the error which told me to 'regedit' and "Locate and double-click the Language registry key and enter 'english'

But english is already configured.
So still no joy,
Thanks,
blenkarnie.

Did you register your key on Steam?
Click on the "My Games" tab, at the bottom there should be a button "Activate a product on Steam" click on that and it'll guide you on activating your key on Steam.

If you have already activated then you may want to try validating your files. right click on Half-Life 2 in Steam and click on properties. Then click on local files there should be an option to "Verify integrity of game cache"

Did you register your key on Steam?
Click on the "My Games" tab, at the bottom there should be a button "Activate a product on Steam" click on that and it'll guide you on activating your key on Steam.

If you have already activated then you may want to try validating your files. right click on Half-Life 2 in Steam and click on properties. Then click on local files there should be an option to "Verify integrity of game cache"
Thank you PimpinPenguin,
I you had not told me that I would never have found out in a million years! Steam ain't too user friendly.
I'm downloading or activating at the moment and I'll come back to give the result,
Regards,
blenkarnie.:stare:

Back