HL2DM skills ?

W4E

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i could download a .dem of someone whos GOOD at hl2dm?
I want to see how good players play, for some inspiration.

Or if your skilled, record yourself playing and upload it.

after going through about 20 links im finnally downloading it :p

Any more hl2dm related things peeps? :cheers:

I have some pretty awesome crossbow kills on Overwatch (and Lockdown) during 1v1. One of which I think is my best crossbow shot ever. Here are some video's I have made. They only go for around ten seconds each.
http://files.filefront.com/HL2DM1v1orbjump2byigpincus/;4203313;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/HL2DMStolenNadeByIGPincus/;3974981;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/HL2_DMCrossBowByIG_Pincus/;3939327;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/HL2_DM_Orb_Jump_By_IG_Pincus/;3906541;;/fileinfo.html
I have all of my really good stuff on demo's, for the 1v1 frag video.
P.S.I don't mean to brag.
- Gordon

roflmao, ive just watched the first one of them. Now that was skill.

And my connection went while i was downloading taht movie, so im trying again.

Pincus said:
I have all of my really good stuff on demo's, for the 1v1 frag video.

Can you upload one of the demos?

Edit: That slow-mo crossbow kill is sooo funny.

W4E said:
Can you upload one of the demos?

Edit: That slow-mo crossbow kill is sooo funny.
I could, however I havn't had a 1v1 since the latest update. Due to this update you cannot watch the old demo/s. So it would be pointless, as you cannot watch it.
I am waiting for VALVe to fix what the 'up'date caused.
- Gordon

Missing end tag in demo file.

Sigh valve.. They arent very helpfull are they.

And soon they will fix that crossbow-slam bug and take the fun away :(

W4E said:
soon they will fix that crossbow-slam bug and take the fun away :(

ROFL. Dont hold your breath mate. Only thing valve are good at fixing is lunch.

WySiWyG said:
ROFL. Dont hold your breath mate. Only thing valve are good at fixing is lunch.
Very well said :D
So anyways, back to the topic, anybody got any demos/videos?
Thanks,
- Gordon

WySiWyG they will fix it, because i dont want them to.
Obviously they will break a few things along the way aswell..

And back to topic :)

Lol pincus the orb jump and slo-mo xbow kills were awesome :D
Hope you get a great vid going.

Dinkleberry said:
Lol pincus the orb jump and slo-mo xbow kills were awesome :D
Hope you get a great vid going.
I will eventually, after they fix the problem.
- Gordon

i didn't know crossbow bolts go slow mo when hitting satchels...hmm i guess i never bothered wasting my precious xbow ammo on them

I am watching it now. I will post some comments after I have watched it.
Thanks,
- Gordon

I have finished watching the demo. No to bad. Not enough use of the gravity gun, in situations where it could have been very effective. Remember, shotgun after a crossbow shot, NOT another crossbow shot. It is quicker to switch weapons than reload the crossbow and shoot it again. Nice gravity jumps.
Another camping spot in the same place is the set of pipes going vertically up.
I noticed you just blew up some barrels. Only do this if you are throwing them at doorways or exits. Instead, shoot it once with the pistol/SMG. Unless somebody else shoots it, whoever throws it, and kills somebody with it, you will get the kill.
- Gordon

good points. I do use the gravity gun alot usually. But i think i was in more of a crossbow / 357 mood.

Another camping spot in the same place is the set of pipes going vertically up.

Not sure where you mean. I was only going to that place to practise gravity jumps really, I dont like camping - gets boring.

Now you go make a pub demo ;)

W4E said:
good points. I do use the gravity gun alot usually. But i think i was in more of a crossbow / 357 mood.

Not sure where you mean. I was only going to that place to practise gravity jumps really, I dont like camping - gets boring.

Now you go make a pub demo ;)
Camping like that is obviously wrong, I was just telling you a spot to gravity jump
Here is where I mean -->
Here is a demo of me playing in a FFA Lockdown public server. Not that great of a match, a lot of stuff-ups. The demo seems to stop working at 8 minutes, then everthing just gets wierd. Watch it, and you will notice. http://files.filefront.com/dm_LockdownPincusrar/;4220925;;/fileinfo.html
- Gordon

Yeah it does get quite weird after about 7:30

There was a nice crossbow shot in there where you shot a second or two before he came out.

Umm - Work on movement, both of you that posted demos... I cannot believe people move that slow. It's just wrong to me, hehe. :)

W4E said:
Yeah it does get quite weird after about 7:30

There was a nice crossbow shot in there where you shot a second or two before he came out.
Yeah. The Source Engine demo system really sucks. Unreals is far superiour.
Dinkleberry said:
I'm gonna steal that spot Gordon :)
Its all yours :)
Polar_Bear said:
Umm - Work on movement, both of you that posted demos... I cannot believe people move that slow. It's just wrong to me, hehe. :)
It was a pub game, honestly, sometimes I am too lazy to constantly crouch jump. Could you please upload a demo of your pub game w/ speed.
- Gordon

Okay. I am currently downloading it. By the sounds of it, it is not normal speed, therefore I cannot see how fast you are going. Could you please upload a demo of a server with all the defaults.
Thanks,
- Gordon

do cl_showpos 1 to turn on a speedometer if you want in the top right hand corner, bottom line.. :)

0 to turn it off. Lots of fun that is. 400 is the max I can go on normal servers, on this increased one it's something like 500. That's about it, and i'm off to bed! hope you like it. :)

Polar_Bear said:
do cl_showpos 1 to turn on a speedometer if you want in the top right hand corner, bottom line.. :)

0 to turn it off. Lots of fun that is. 400 is the max I can go on normal servers, on this increased one it's something like 500. That's about it, and i'm off to bed! hope you like it. :)
I can get 600 on my server, and everything is default :\
- Gordon

I can get more grav-boost-running-jumping. :D

Downloading your demo polar.

"this is on a modified lockdown level"

I wont need the map will i? i assume you meant modified server.

Pincus - I just meant normal jumping around. Hovering I can reach over 3000. :p

Don't need the level at all, because it's made with ent_xxx's. :)

Anyone like the demo? :(

EDIT: It got corrupted after 5 minutes and 30 seconds, like Pincus' demo did. Same with some other people, I think. :(

Im going to DL the demo when im on my PC, ill edit this post after.

I watched your first one. Owned.. Obviously the movement was speeded up, but your aim looked like it was too :monkee:

Do you have the IP for that server?

IP of the fast server was 69.22.140.49:27015

WySiWyG's demo got all corrupted and stuff too, right after 6:30. Good stuff other than that. :)

I made that yesterday :/ or do u mean it only played 6.5 minutes?

Yeah i watched it, and it messes up around 7 minutes.

Good tho, you two dont die :eek:

it's some random bug with all demo's recently, everything gets all strange. Like everything (weapons, props, sounds) freezes, but the players keep moving. Watch yours and see what I mean.

how do you bunny hop so well in hl2dm ? i can do it flawlessly in cs (forwards + backwards) but the movement in hl2dm seems so sluggish.

Back