hooooly crap... wicked secret.

JNightshade

Reaction score
ummmm... yeah. I think the pic says it all. I just found it (hint: it's in the level Red Letter Day, and you need to activate noclip) and it's driving me crazy. As far as I can tell, G-Man just sits there. I'll update if I find out anything more about it.

Attachments

• crazy HL2 secret.jpg
    crazy HL2 secret.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 666
Look at this one. I used no key, absolutely no cheat.

Attachments

• g-man.JPG
    g-man.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 603
Thats probably there, so it can be "filmed", and shown on one of the monitors.

That is f'n awesome. Too bad you can't interact with him. He would be like, "Misssssssster Freeman, you have cheated. Wrong deccccccccccccissssion.." G-Man then pulls out a shotgun and blasts you right in the head.

How did you get so close to G-Man?!!? Thats insane.

Regarding the first pic, thats just the "staging" area where G-man gets filmed to be projected on the random TV's.

Here's how I did it:

just turn on cheats, then activate noclip and go through all the walls in City 17. When you're outside the city, look outward (and go around the outside walls) for what looks like the inside of a room just floating in space. When I found it, I was right after where you kill the two guards and get the pistol. There's obviously no way to see him in person, although maybe he's on a TV screen somewhere (I wouldn't know; I've never actually seen him on one). Anyway, I just thought that it was cool.

How is that a secret when you cheated using noclip?? dumbass.
Secret is when you DONT CHEAT and you can access the "secret location" in a legit way.

you can see the G-man all over the place in the sp game (without cheating) my second time through I have noticed him even more, especially in the earlier parts of the game (think Im up to my 5th sighting or so)

Mr. Redundant said:
you can see the G-man all over the place in the sp game (without cheating)

Yea you can, but not the way he did, so its not a secret its just crap.

I'm sorry, Skyline, I didn't know 'secret' had an official definition. Thank you so much for illuminating my brain with that radioactive trash you call a post. Oh, and people, I'm pointing out something I found, not insulting your mothers. No need to get pissy about it.

Yeah, that room is there just so that the in-game camera can film him, as you can spot the GMan in a TV. Same goes for Breen - whenever he's talking on those screens, he is actually being filmed from some room like that one.

So he can actually be sitting without anything to sit on? Damn. I'm going to make some HL2 pantomime.

JNightshade said:
I'm sorry, Skyline, I didn't know 'secret' had an official definition. Thank you so much for illuminating my brain with that radioactive trash you call a post. Oh, and people, I'm pointing out something I found, not insulting your mothers. No need to get pissy about it.

You are obvisouly a little retarded, since you dont know what secret means.
Secret is when the developer wants you to find something that is hidden from the normal route the player uses, therefor its a SECRET, what you found is nothing, all it is is crap, secret its definitely not.

Whatever happened with that sound clip of the G-man we heard prior to the games release. Where he says something to the effect of... "Congratulations Mr Freeman. But you're not supposed to be here." I figured he'd say that if you somehow got access to him when you weren't supposed to.

SkylineGT-R34 said:
You are obvisouly a little retarded, since you dont know what secret means.
Secret is when the developer wants you to find something that is hidden from the normal route the player uses, therefor its a SECRET, what you found is nothing, all it is is crap, secret its definitely not.

So he used the wrong description.. everyone else seemed to understand that its not really a secret except for you. He says something "wrong" and you start calling him a dumbass and retarded? The only retarded thing in this thread is you. I found this last night while just noclipping around for fun, im gonna try to find some more on other levels.

So he used the wrong description.. everyone else seemed to understand that its not really a secret except for you. He says something "wrong" and you start calling him a dumbass and retarded? The only retarded thing in this thread is you. I found this last night while just noclipping around for fun, im gonna try to find some more on other levels.

Someone had to say it. Good job :)

Back