Houndeye Nap Time Behavior

Thats cool that they have this much intelligence. I never noticed that. It almost seems like they put more intelligence in them they did with any of the animals in half life 2.

Or at the very least, more intelligence put into them relative to the year the game was made.

Thats cool that they have this much intelligence. I never noticed that. It almost seems like they put more intelligence in them they did with any of the animals in half life 2.

Or at the very least, more intelligence put into them relative to the year the game was made.
Half-Life 1 has a LOT of random AI stuff like this, most of which nobody will ever find in any kind of playthrough.

Wow. That's some incredible attention to detail; even the roaches have a relatively advanced AI.

Last edited:
Half-Life 1 has a LOT of random AI stuff like this, most of which nobody will ever find in any kind of playthrough.

Hmmmmm I wonder what else I missed....

Last edited:
Oh man... spooking napping Houndeyes would be a fun little meta game.

Half-Life 2 has really cool AI stuff. If a squad of combine soldier hear a loud sound (gun shot, explosion) they leave their post to go check it out and attack whatever made it. The poison headcrabs kill barnacles if they eat them because of the poison. They also run away from you if they get hurt and hide. Birds also react to gunshots and will fly away if startled. Combine soldier squads have leaders and you can point them out by seeing which one waves his arm in the air to tell where the other combine soldiers where to attack. Combine Elites are always the leaders.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I just found this out today! Next time you're in Nova Prospekt, check out the Antlions. Every group has one antlion that looks different. I assume that one is supposed to be the male/female of the group?

Last edited:
Marphy's stuff is so good. Glad to see another video, hopefully he makes even more.

Back