The Houndeye Returns

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
houndeye-jpg.24122

The memorable Xenian sound dog from Half-life 1 has reappeared on Valve's horizon in the form of a courier for Dota 2. As with all couriers in Dota 2, the Houndeye has a walking and flying model, the latter of which does look a little ridiculous.

For those of you hoping this is a Half-life 3 pre-order bonus, you should be aware Half-life already has a tie-in to Dota 2 in the form of the Dr Kleiner Announcement Pack and Half-life is seemingly no closer than before! (Image: balladofwindfishes)

Attachments

• houndeye.jpg
    houndeye.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 15,332
Love that additional detail to the little fella. The reference to the St. Bernard recue dog is also a nice touch. Fanboy in me says it's assets in production for HL3, but I know it's not true. It's not true. It's not true.

Lassie ain't got shit on my hound eye.

It's beautiful, I hope you can plainly buy it and it's not a bonus for buying physical merch or something like that.

i would be extremely happy....if i played dota

this is telling me that a headcrab hat for TF2 should be right around the corner.

I'm confused was the houndeye announced as an official addition, or is it community made? I can't see it in the DOTA2 store?

I believe the item was datamined from the most recent patch, so it will likely appear soon.

Back