• Lies! All lies! HL2 will have its own MP

Votes: 42 23.9%
  • I wouldnt be suprised by either

Votes: 45 25.6%

• Total voters

Bongfarmer

Reaction score
How many still dont believe?

I still hold the hope that CS:S isnt HL2's only mp. It just doesnt make sense!

What does just CS:S mp mean anyway? There won't be DOD:S or anything or what?

hehe i'm optimistic and posted it wont be the only one ;p

heres for hope !

Some people need to accept defeat. I had a feeling that CS:S would be the MP, but now that it's for sure, no point in questioning it. This is like those people that think Elvis is still alive.

Except less obsessive, of course. THis is normal.

BetaMaster

its NOT known for sure
1) the interviewer said Valve still has some suprises left
2) Valve never said anytihng officially, this comes by proxy. Maybe its so great it need to be kept so secret even reviewers dont know it even exists!

No I Have Not Already Voted In This ****ing Poll Arrrrghh
why does it keep telling me i voted when i didnt :(

Ah. I was wrong. I'm not surprised, and now I'm hopefull. The game's going to be great, and I'll play MP either way. I'd like it if DM was included, but if it isn't, ah well.

Why can't you guys believe the editor of PC Gamer UK? You would find out in about a week anyway, theres no point in keeping it secret. He doesn't want us all disappointed over the MP. Hence, the truth.

Bongfarmer said:
BetaMaster

its NOT known for sure
1) the interviewer said Valve still has some suprises left
2) Valve never said anytihng officially, this comes by proxy. Maybe its so great it need to be kept so secret even reviewers dont know it even exists!
if this forum allowed me to post images directly into the thread, i'd put up a huge pic of nelson (the simpsons.)

In the spirit of almost being September 30th again... I pick option two if only for nostalgia's sake! :D I was hopin' 'til the 30th last year that it'd actually go gold/release on that day... :eek:

Give up. The battle has been lost.

Now you must all put on your bikinis and serve me in all my righteousness. You will sit in my main audience chamber surrounded by banners saying "there is no hl2mp bitches" and dance...DANCE!!!

/me puts on a bikini and stands in the main audience chamber and dances for Mr-Fusion

I want beileve theres a hl2 mp, but realisticly I would say no, valve have been assholes and used CS.

I'd say no too. Which is a pity 'cause I'm sick of playing cs:s, I want a multiplayer where you spawn right after you die, instead of waiting around. I feel robbed knowing cs:s is the MP, I wanna play something fresh. Imagine HL2 MP! I mean large expansive ares with buggies and manipulator guns, *drools* people can mod that in right?? RIGHT????

where are the people dreaming of shooting striders and riding vehicles in multiplayer now?

Bongfarmer said:

Personally I cannot believe you made so many spelling errors in your title.

I can't deal with no HL2 MP. They are placing too much hope in the mod makers.

wayne white said:
where are the people dreaming of shooting striders and riding vehicles in multiplayer now?
I'm right here, even though I have believed CS:S to be the only MP for a long time. Hopefully some GOOD mods are dreaming like this, too.

Where's the i dont care because there will be plenty of mods and ill be playing hl2 through about 3 times anyway and cs:s will have plenty of entertainment value since i still have fun playing the same friggin dust map day in and day out option.

Maybe Chuck Osborn thinks he knows more than Chuck Osborn knows

Or, if you can understand that, Maybe this guy doesnt know the full poop. Until Valve says so, its not official

People still think that CS:S isn't the multiplayer after it being said two seperate times and now confirmed for a third time?

Amazing. Hope springs eternal I guess.

He meant no deathmatch, so the HL2MP could be teamplay :O /optimism

Bongfarmer said:

well.. as secretive as Valve has been about things over the year i guess nothing would surprise me.
that said, i don't think Chuck guy would lie in that interview (not that i think he did) but i guess at this point anything is possible.

i hope Valve are reading these MP discussion threads...im still sorta shocked that CS:Source could be the only offiicial MP for HL2.

Dr. Freeman, Chuck wouldnt of lied, but maybe the version HE got didnt have any other MP

Kazuki_Fuse said:
Imagine HL2 MP! I mean large expansive ares with buggies and manipulator guns, *drools* people can mod that in right?? RIGHT????

right...but thats assuming the SDK will be released with the game.. and that would be a pretty big assumption because we haven't really heard anything about it in a few months.. and recent games (Far Cry and Doom3 anyone?) SDK weren't released on time.. and to my knowledge, haven't been released.. (correct me if im wrong on this last little part here please)

edit: Bongfarmer thats another possibility.. everyone cross ur fingers and toes!! :p

I concure with the facts presented as of late with CS:S being the only MP option for HL2 but even now, I've still got a little bit of hope...

Which is odd because I'm a realist which in turn makes me more pessimistic so still holding out at this point is plain foolishness :cheers:

Its easier to believe in hope than to face reality?

No, I'm facing reality and it includes HL MP!

ne0_shiny, it is great, but its the same game I got tired of 5 years ago only with shiny graphics

desert combat is a great game too, but id be disappointed if it was the MP for vampire bloodlines.

all hope is lost.

Ok, It's nice your sig is only 4 lines, but since the 3rd line is really really huge, I think this is a problem.

Back