How are you spending your money this summer?

lans

Reaction score
I'm really careful not to misuse my money, I was about to buy driv3r but rented it instead. I haven't bought any game so far - just renting everything atm. I've basically kept my money to spend on biggies like Rome total war and doom 3 somtime in august. Already pre-ordered Hl2 so no worries there.

Have to start saving money for Halo 2 now in november...

anyway, how are you guys allocating your money?

:LOL: Buying computer hardware, to start things off the X800 XT. Videogames is not my worry, my parents buy them for me. Mainly computer hardware, some DVD's, clothes, shoes, and money to spend going out.

I am taking Hapkido, and later on, some otherr Chinese Martial Art.
And on my b-day, I will buy myself Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

Well, I'm moving in August, so I have to get ready for that... yeah, boring stuff... :x

I am getting rid of my desktop, though, in favor of a laptop, which should be here sometime in early July... but that's not really costing me anything. :p

Wow, nintendo, pc stuff, pc games. Pc stuff, I get. But if buying a video is the highlight of how you use your money this summer, that's pretty sad. If you say "im gonna buy every game that comes out theis sumer WAAA!", cool, whatever floats your boat.

But how 'bout, o, maybe , saving some money? O, nevermind, instant gratification is so much better, right? :thumbs:

PunisherUSA said:
Wow, nintendo, pc stuff, pc games. Pc stuff, I get. But if buying a video is the highlight of how you use your money this summer, that's pretty sad. If you say "im gonna buy every game that comes out theis sumer WAAA!", cool, whatever floats your boat.

But how 'bout, o, maybe , saving some money? O, nevermind, instant gratification is so much better, right? :thumbs:
So did you actually have a point, or do you just like being condescending?

Whores, drugs, guns, crumpets, that sort of thing. Also, Half-Life 2 (if it comes out) and books and stuff.

a new psu (w/ sleeving + grip molexes)
new memory (corsair 2-2-2-5)
a video card (x800xt-pe or 6800U)
hl2 + doom3 (if they make it this summer)
lans (too many to count)

yes i know i need to get out and see that big yellow ball in the sky you guys call a sun. :x

emm...basically what I meant was how are you spending your money this summer on video games. Not intrested in what other stuff you are buying. :p

Forget the PM I sent you lans, i'll just give it to you now.

I'll be using my university fund for tuition, text books, and buy a new PC and laptop. Laptop will be cheap, but the desktop will have an X800 pro and have a P4 3.0ghz with a gigabyte of RAM. :D

I will also pre-order HL2 and have my parents pay for it on my birthday in September.

I'm preordering Doom 3 tonight. I'll be buying Half-Life 2.

Other than that I am saving the money I make for college and a car.

lans said:
I'm really careful not to misuse my money, I was about to buy driv3r but rented it instead. I haven't bought any game so far - just renting everything atm. I've basically kept my money to spend on biggies like Rome total war and doom 3 somtime in august. Already pre-ordered Hl2 so no worries there.

Have to start saving money for Halo 2 now in november...

anyway, how are you guys allocating your money?

ya know.. this post got me thinking..
i see so many pple with so many games.. every time a game comes out.. someone goes buys it then comes and posts how cool it is..

no offense to anyone here.. i just wonder how pple do it...seriously..because i personally have to be very cost conscious...after all paying monthly bills is a pain ya know :x

i know most pple here are young and depend on their parents to get games/computer parts for em.. but even then.. i wonder some times..

hmm.. so how am i gonna spend my money? wisely :p

i have pre-orderd HL2 and Doom3
i am so very interested in Bloodlines
after that i really don't know...i won't have too much extra spending money so like i said.. smart shopping :)

Shuzer said:
I'm buying Microsoft.

i always knew u were loaded!! :cheese:

i can possibly have about 5 million US dollars?
:E :LOL:

Sedako said:
Forget the PM I sent you lans, i'll just give it to you now.

Much appreciated Sedako, but as it is I'm doing this on purpose ;) (nice to know that I'm fooling everyone) - I know how to flip it over anyway :p

but thanks anyway for your concern. :)

lans said:
Much appreciated Sedako, but as it is I'm doing this on purpose ;) (nice to know that I'm fooling everyone) - I know how to flip it over anyway :p

but thanks anyway for your concern. :)

Lol, anytime. I was a bit confused at first, seeing that you managed to flip it over the first time.

ATI Radeon x800 XT
beer
tickets for the metallica concert in october

Stalker, anyone?

That's the game, not the 'discreet service' by the way.

I'm buying shares in Enron.....can't lose right?
Half life2, Doom3 and x800pro or xt
New street hockey pads

I've gone way overbudget on games this year so I'm sticking to the essentials.. Generaly just Coke and other caffeine substances.

saving most of it.
135$ goes to buying new speakers, power supply, and PC Remote

I've already wasted thousands of euros on upgrades that have been broken, incompatible or otherwise redundant. The AMD64 and motherboard I just ordered don't work with my wireless network card. Seriously. No Internet connection. Into the trash bin they go. Tried two different network cards. I could buy a new one, but finding WLAN stuff that works with external antennas seems to be next to impossible, for some reason.

I have an X800 coming soon, but I'm sure it will be either broken or incompatible with my system.

Cybernoid said:
I've already wasted thousands of euros on upgrades that have been broken, incompatible or otherwise redundant. The AMD64 and motherboard I just ordered don't work with my wireless network card. Seriously. No Internet connection. Into the trash bin they go. Tried two different network cards. I could buy a new one, but finding WLAN stuff that works with external antennas seems to be next to impossible, for some reason.

I have an X800 coming soon, but I'm sure it will be either broken or incompatible with my system.

u should have done some research before purchasing that...seems like its costing u more than u bargined for.

Dr. Freeman said:
u should have done some research before purchasing that...seems like its costing u more than u bargined for.

Meh, research won't help. It's all a matter of luck.

Cybernoid said:
Meh, research won't help. It's all a matter of luck.

since when did researching on products before purchases become useless? :eek:

Since the day that WLAN adapters started being incompatible with most systems for no reason. You can't research it because there's nothing to research. They just don't work.

mortiz said:
Better brush on those St. Anger lyrics.

"St Anger round my neck, he never gets respect"

Pure genius.

oh http://larsdrums.ytmnd.com/

I found that quite funny.

:LOL:
lol :LOL:

I hope they dont play too much of st anger :x and only pre-black album stuff. \oo/_

upgrade computer is the first thing on the list. Then get Half-life 2, then get suikoden 2, then save money.

im planning on buying my own pc, my mate will build it for me i just have to fund the components... im confused. I read in the lated PC Gamer mag taht its best to wait til Sept for mobo's full use of PCI Express, which'd be handy since im taking this rig to uni and dont want to upgrade the mobo for atleast 2 years.
So i want the best mobo i can get, but im confused... should i wait for these mysterious mobo's or get one as soona s i have the money, or do any of u know if pci-express is already out?... also, im not sure wether to buy the 9800 or save more for the x800, obviously the x800 will last longer but atm is the 9800 getting used to its full potential in games? does Far Cry actually push the card to its limits?

Btw, i love metallica... St Anger is the biggest load of sh*t they've ever put out, atleast they hardly play that live.. it was to appeal to new lil kids who r into new metal to get into metallica and more copies would sell. Pre black-album stuff was brilliant, more of that pls Mr Hetfield !

Just bought a new stereo for about 11000 bucks, so i dont have any money til the end of this month... so I need ideas.

Maybe a RC car? Those are fun.

I'm selling my old PC and building a new one with the money I get from it.

Oh yea, Metallica Concert in November!

Back