How do we know the subject's name is Chell?

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56031

This board has said it and so has wiki.

I've now just finished portal and I never heard this name being said, so can you please tell me how you guys know this?

This board has said it and so has wiki.

I've now just finished portal and I never heard this name being said, so can you please tell me how you guys know this?
I don't remember where, but she actually does say your name/last name. She says something about a relative if I recall correctly. I don't quite remember what she said because the time I was playing it, I had 0 hours of sleep which means I had 0 attention span. I need to play through again and listen better.

Well for one her model is labeled Chell, and in the credits an actress is identified as playing Chell.

Oh okay thanks. I never paid attention to the credits cos I was listening to the song lol

I think it's interesting that she's been identified as Chell, yet GLaDOS refers to her as [Subject Name Here]. Wouldn't she know?

Interesting point Absinthe

*strokes imaginary beard*

The one time GLaDOS verbally says something with Chell's name in it, it is another voice saying the name. But if GLaDOS has Chell's file, even more so her entire brain backed up, you'd think she'd know her name.

I think that it's probably something to do with GLaDOS being 20 year-old technology or something. She seems to be a bit glitchy throughout the game, so I'd imagine it was a coding error or something that caused her to call Chell [[Subject name here]].

Back