How is this going to work?

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I heard that CS:CZ owners are getting the CS:S beta. I literally scrapped up 25 bucks and bought the game just for this beta. Now my question is, how are cz owners going to get it, and not anyone else?

Most likely, steam will detect which users have CZ installed and offer them to download the game.

How the hell do you think they'll get it? STEAM.

Daiceman9 said:
Most likely, steam will detect which users have CZ installed and offer them to download the game.
Yes, it's not exactly rocket science young guinny.....

It'll probably be like how Steam handles the users that can download and play Deleted Scenes.

DS doesnt even appear under the "Available games" list...it only ever shows up on Steam if a legit CZ CD key has been tied into it.

Probably gonna be like that with CS:Source I reckon.

guinny said:
I heard that CS:CZ owners are getting the CS:S beta. I literally scrapped up 25 bucks and bought the game just for this beta. Now my question is, how are cz owners going to get it, and not anyone else?

Its like the same principle of the people only owning CZ, they only recieve updates b/c that gcf file is there and so is the file folder. I am guessing it would be the same way.

guinny said:

Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt the game $40 ($39.95). I was looking into buying it myself after I heard the news.

Coolhead2100 said:
Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt the game $40 ($39.95). I was looking into buying it myself after I heard the news.
Over steam it is, but he could've bought it off ebay or got it on sale etc.

Yeah, you can also get it on ebay which is why he probably saved 25 bucks... [edit] or newegg :D[/edit] Personally I'll pay the 40, not only because of CS:Source beta testing, but also because I'll get the CZ port to source (which was confirmed in the valve info thread, reply #627). Now CZ seems like a reasonable buy, whereas initially it seemed a waste.

are you guys sure that all cz users will get it and not *some* cz users (randomly chosen) will get it?

smilez said:
are you guys sure that all cz users will get it and not *some* cz users (randomly chosen) will get it?

theres no details yet on whether all CZ owners get to try this beta or only selected number of pple.

thats why its a bit silly to just go buy CZ right now if its only to get into the beta.. as nothing is guaranteed right now.

All CZ users will have access to the CS Source Beta and there won't be
an NDA. I'd love to see your thoughts after you play so feel free to
send a link of the preview when it goes live.

Thanks for your enthusiasm and continued support!
-kellie

Kellie Cosner, Valve
[email protected]
www.valvesoftware.com

Unless this is false info in the info from Valve thread, all CZ owners will get to try the beta.

This is really a question for anybody. Do you guys think CZ is worth $30?

:x Not really. Forget it! I am just going to find a better version of CS:CZ that to download that will actually install into Steam or atleast a Cd-Key so I can enter it in Steam and download it from there :naughty: .

not gonna happen ailevation...tried it already.

ShadowFox said:
This is really a question for anybody. Do you guys think CZ is worth $30?

I definitely believe it is. I've played it to death since I got it.. it's good fun :)

Back