How many of you guys DID NOT get stuck anywhere?

Odysseus

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of posts from people getting stuck at different points in the game. I am proud to say I did not get stuck anywhere :)

Could it be that the puzzles are getting easier with each new installment of HL?

ME!!! Very easy to find your way through, but it also felt rewarding after.

I didnt get stuck on any part. I did have to replay a couple times at nova prospekt, it was hard. (turrets part)

but I didnt spend more than about 5-10 mins of any of the phys puzzles. hella fun though! :)

Me. Played through on normal. I don't get how people can get stuck. Other than those people whose airboat was transparent, that is.

me
there seem to be alot of peeps getting stuck all over the place though
guess thats a good sign.. means its challenging and people are giving up too easily

I didn't get stuck till the very end, when I had no clue of what I was supposed to do to stop him.

Other than that, I figured them all out :)

I didn't get stuck either, although I did switch it from normal to easy on a few gunship and strider fights. I'm on my third go through the game right now with the goal of passing it without dying or saving (except when I have to sleep or eat or other life prerequisites) and on the hard difficulty.

Got stuck once or twice because I was tired and couldn't find a ladder or a switch.

Occasionally I got delayed while fighting Striders because I couldn't find an ammo crate for my rocket launcher.

Hazar said:
I didn't get stuck till the very end, when I had no clue of what I was supposed to do to stop him.

Other than that, I figured them all out :)

Ditto.

2-3 tries I got it. :)

For me, getting stuck was more of a technical error. i got stuck when you first get the pheromones off of the dead momma-bug thingy. the vrodian told me to pick them up but froze there. i loaded the chapter several times and quickloaded several times but it didnt seem to do anything; he would always freeze and just stand there after he told me to pick them up. i guess the seventieth time was the charm because one time he just 'unfroze' and walked over opening the door. other than that it has been smooth sailing.

oh, and the turret parts at nova prospect were far easier than what anyone is complaining about.

all you had to do was run back and forth resetting the guns as they were knocked over, whats hard about that? it wasnt difficult at all.

maybe its just me though. anyways, im glad i found a place where i can talk to fellow gamers without the fear of sounding like a nerd! :p

I never got stuck at any level, never had any technical problems. The game played perfect, and I never got stuck.

Nova Prospect made me load several times. Didn't know you can re-set the turrets -___-;;

But whenever I met a situation of WTF-ness, I just tried like bloody 10 minutes before noticing that the answer was right under my nose.

Odysseus said:
I have seen a lot of posts from people getting stuck at different points in the game. I am proud to say I did not get stuck anywhere :)

Could it be that the puzzles are getting easier with each new installment of HL?

Never got stuck.

I didn't get stuck. Although at the end it took me about 10 minutes to figure out what i had to do.

At the end I only found out what I had to do after killing a gunship and dragging it towards me. I fired it at the column of light and it was beset with lightning bolts. When that happened the metal shields sprung up and Alyx cheered me on. I knew what to do after that.

I got brutally stuck twice. Getting stuck really sucks too.

I got stuck in the game atleased 3 different times.
Not a bad challange at all.

I got stuck at the most retarded places. For example in front of the gate to the nexus, I didn't see the damn door going into a building and around the gate. I kept thinking that the energy shield next to the gate would have a plug somewhere. Then after about 30 minutes I found a door. It was sad.

Didn't get stuck, and I had that stupid "can't jump" bug, am I the first to finish without a jump key? lol.

I didn't get stuck, but I almost did once because I couldn't find
a ladder in Ravenholm...hmm...looking up, I could connect the dots,
but...Oh, there it is!

I didn't really get stuck - I was raised on Ocarina of Time ffs!

I didn't. i played on normal and the game was easy. (playing it one more time on hard)

I didn't get stuck either playing through on Hard, personally I thought the game was quite medium in terms of skill level, and none of the puzzels took any brain power.

Didn't really get stuck, although the floating barrels/ramp thing took me like 10 minutes to work out.

I got stuck a few times for about 10 minutes each due to my rather poor observational skills. But most of the time it wasn't getting stuck that was the problem - just being completely overwhelmed by Combine Troopers was the problem I had. Especially on that outdoor generator level. On hard it took quite a lot of attempts to get through.

Didn't really get stuck anywhere, but I died alot during the striders, they were very hard on hard :(

I got stuck twice in a serious way, one time with a puzzle and one time with a bug. Both times I used physics to bypass the problem :)

I got stuck once for about 20 minutes...

the boat ride, with that big door and the jammed controls. I shot the closest barrel and it hella hurt...so I ignored the others and tried stacking stuff to jump the fence. never worked, then figured it out.

xe2 said:
I didnt get stuck on any part. I did have to replay a couple times at nova prospekt, it was hard. (turrets part)

but I didnt spend more than about 5-10 mins of any of the phys puzzles. hella fun though! :)

Yeah that was thew hardest part as in combat, but I had problems inside the library as well (i.e turrets)

Nop didn't got stuck too... :) only a few minor battles but nothing to worry about... now i'm doing it on hard ^^.

the turrets part in nova prospekt was the hardest for me. tried to position them in many places, but the soldiers would always knock them down thus destroying my beautiful line of defence... :hmph:

besides that the game went smooth, no problems.
didn't listen to dr breen and used my instinct

also many puzzles were predictable (as the one in route kanal in the room with many barrels and manhacks), after all it's VALVe and HL ;)

I only got stuck right after the major strider battle, couldn't figure out how to proceed outside the ruin, made me waste 15 minutes.

I never got stuck to the point where it boggled the mind. but there were a few places where I had to wander around a bit to find the way out. the puzzles were ok, though obviously made to not truely twist the brain. The only thing i had trouble figuring out was the final effort at the end of the game. breen did his thing once or twice before I figured out what to do - mostly because I wasn't looking at the walls to find that last lift up.

I DID get a wee big frustrated, taking several attempts at surviving those "lock gordon in a room and shove 50 combine down his throat" situations. My desk took a few fists, my family's ears heard a few loud "****s".

After destroying the hellicopter in my airboat I couldn't find the ladder for about 10 mins...

But other than that the longest it took me to solve any of the puzels was ~5 minutes.

Back