How to place Gnomey (securely) in the muscle car

Kinslayer

Spy
Reaction score
Now, I've been reading a lot about how people are placing the Gnomey in the seat with Alyx; After some experimentation (tried about 4 different locations, including the engine and the underside of the car :p), I've found where to put him (and I'm surprised someone hasn't found it out before this):

This probably sounds stupid, but place him in the back window, like the screenshot below. For some reason, he seems pretty solid there, and can't slide forward into the front of the car, only back out the window (which will only happen if you accelerate quickly or do a sharp turn). Furthermore, if you ever see him start to slide out (you can turn around and see his position at any time), simply hit the handbreak and he'll slide back into his secured position. Makes the gnome achievement a lot easier. I even beat Dog in the race to White Forest with Gnomey in the back of my car :)

Screenshots:

ep2_outland_100001.jpg

ep2_outland_100002.jpg

Very nice...i'll keep that in mind for when i have to do the gruelling task!

Does that work for other stuff? I tried to take an extra pulse rifle with me once when I was full, but it always fell through the car to the ground somehow.

Hellrider: I'm not sure, but I wouldn't try it unless you're already near full speed. You can go to full speed as long as you gradually work up to it instead of just pressing 'W' and falling asleep. Only time I used turbo was the Dog race, and he didn't fall out during that, so I guess it works with turbo.

Bill: I'd expect so, unless the gnome's shape keeps it in the car somehow.

Didn't work for me.

Interestingly all the "this trick works" pics and videos I've seen are set to that map. Sounds a bit like "not tested properly" to me...

Does that work for other stuff? I tried to take an extra pulse rifle with me once when I was full, but it always fell through the car to the ground somehow.

I tried this as well, then I thought "Milk Crate, got to find me a Milk Crate". But I've only seen one in all of EP2 and holding onto it until the car is harder then the Gnome.

just wedge the gnome behind the seat with 2 saw blades.

= cant escape.

Didn't work for me.

Interestingly all the "this trick works" pics and videos I've seen are set to that map. Sounds a bit like "not tested properly" to me...

I did the helicopter part without him falling out once. That's enough proper testing for me (Granted, I also didn't hit any mines).

By the way, make sure he's as far in as he can go, with his hat preferably pointing at the front of the car. That seems like the most secured position. Maybe you just aren't putting him far enough up.

Genius! I just found out where the Gnome is a few hours ago, and I was debating on how to get him over to White Forest.

Back