How will the improved crowbar look?

infin|ty

Reaction score
Do you think when you hit an alien blood and guts will get stuck on the crowbar etc? I assume they will retexture it and make it look more real but aside from that, any goodies you think they might do?

The crowbar I've got as my wallpaper looks great: the one overlooking the water and the beached boats.

It's the animation that they need to beef up. And they already said that they were: the e3 crowbar was just dumped in the game: the real one should be much closer to the speed and power of the HL crowbar.

Im not sure if you can add things to a V_model like blood as your describing. Although you can change lighting on it so maybe.

The thing i want to see in future game v_models(thats the one you see in your hand) is a knife actually stabbing into an enemy, rather than just registering as a hit.

Like in day of defeat, being able to thrust your bayonet into somones chest, and see it actually penitrate into it.

Somone on anther forum sugested that it would be possible, if the v_models were actually p_models as well, so that they can interact with each other. Unfortunatly p_models are nowhere near as detailed as v_models. Something cool id like to see anyway.

Perhaps in half life 3, which ive heard will have environment interaction so intense that you can cup dirt from the ground in your hand.

the crowbar will be much the same as last game only it'll be turbo-charged.

Originally posted by snark^

Buahaha, best laugh so far :)

yup, lol...you got some good photoshop skilz there, or is it real!?

ROFL!!! Thats great! I'm still laughing.
Forget the grav gun and all that, I want that Turbo Crowbar!!

If the p_models were v_models, the game would look like Operation: Flashpoint. it wouldn't be any smooth moves at all.

Its only the animation for the crowbar that will change. Hopefully it will be more like in HL1 where at the back of the swing you wouldnt see it onscreen.

I was just gonna post that when someone said that they didn't think you could apply decals to a v_model. Of course SOF used a completly different 'bloody' skin (which did look pretty good). My favourite part was when he wipes the knife clean again with his glove!

Originally posted by snark^

With that thing it would now be the crow bar that swings gorden at aliens.

Imagine it...beting aliens with people, how cool would it be?

You could use that thing instead of the jump pack.

Originally posted by urseus

Perhaps in half life 3, which ive heard will have environment interaction so intense that you can cup dirt from the ground in your hand.

Umm wait. Half life 3? Where now?

No details from HL³ (who is officially announced to be the next game (HL trillogy!)) are knows ass far as I know. so it is bullshit at the moment

If there is HL^3, which there might as well be, it is 5 years off.

Who knows what kind of tech we'll have then...
pain stimulators, scent synthesizerz, VR helmets as cheap as joysticks?

Ohhh... the possibilities.....:upstare:

Back