How would you feel about valve making HL mods honorary canon?

Skyace65

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
so recently valve seems to be on very good terms with half-life mods, more specifically BMS where they are allowing them full access to the source engine and to be able to charge for the mod.

now I'm thinking, what if they took that a step forward and chose some half-life mods to be honorary canon. basically, considered part of the half-life storyline unless they decide to contradict events that took place in the mod. and I'm not saying make every mod Canon, just the high quality ones like Minerva, OP42 or Wilson Chronicles

If you want to consider something canon, you are free to do so in your own head. You really don't need everyone to agree with you.

how you want to make Minerva Canon? How can Gordon be in two different places at the same time? And if it isnt Gordon in Minerva, who cares anyway?

how you want to make Minerva Canon? How can Gordon be in two different places at the same time? And if it isnt Gordon in Minerva, who cares anyway?
Yeah, Minerva couldn't really be made canon. On the other hand, mods like Precursor, Half-Life: Visitors, and Human Error don't really conflict with anything established in the Half-Life Universe.

why would you think you play as Gordon? you play as someone else, and i would want it to become cannon because, it's a quality game and would expand the HL universe

BMS doesn't need to be canon, HL1 is already canon and it's better.

The only mods I would really be supportive of being included as canon are Research and Development and Minerva, mainly because they're both excellent mods with production quality and atmosphere rivaling the game itself and more importantly exist completely independently of the main storyline and characters.

Back