Hugh Laurie.... the Max Payne lead role bid

Reaction score
Right, those of you who have played Max Payne.... how much does Hugh Laurie in this pic look like Max Payne in some of the Graphic novel pics...... I think it's uncanny :)

Actually, I dont think he looks like Max at all. If someone should ever play Max Payne, it should be Mel Gibson.

Sorry, but I don't think he looks like Max at all. He's a good comedian though :p

I understand why oyu placed that picture but its true he doesnt look much like him.

Why Mel Gibbson? Hes a good actor and i like him a lot but dont you think that a man pushing 200 is a bit old for the role?

ok maybe hes a bit too old but he looks alot more like max than any other actor I know.

Umm i think all the textures in Max Payne were photo realistic were they actually took photos of some guy, cause in the end of beating a certain difficulty it shows a team photo and in the corner is the REAL Max Payne. He should play himself (real as in he was the one they based the looks of the character off of, not he was a real vigalante cop)

It was one of the team wasn't it...
Possibly the lead mapper or something :x

And I don't think Hugh looks anything like Max, at all...well maybe the hair...

Sam Lake, the primary script writer for the original was the guy that played Max. He doesn't have time to write the massive MP2 script and go for the photo shoot this time round, so they hired someone from New York City to play the new Max.

However, the guy that does the voice for Max - James McCaffrey, will still do it for Max in MP2.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
Why Mel Gibbson? Hes a good actor and i like him a lot but dont you think that a man pushing 200 is a bit old for the role?

You not seen Payback?

Back