hummer1.jpg

hummer2.jpg

hummer3.jpg

hummer5.jpg

hummer6.jpg

you may find some mistakes on renders but don't worry
p.s. texturies are not finished!

Man that's high poly :)
But its VERY pretty, got to say that... Now all it needs is a gatling cannon on top... And a few deployable land mines... Possibly a flamethrower sticking out one of the windows... And of course a mortar in that cargo space...

Its a mental work damage, so sue me.

lmfao, thats nice. SOOOO Much better than my z3. Its a bit high on the polgons though isn;t it. Mine is like 1/9th of that.

the buggy seen in e3 trailer had 12000 polys so 9100+- would be good
engine will handle it without problems

seriously !-fgdf-!, how did that buggy have like 14000 polgons. It was made out of pipes?

u in a mod team?

Gabe siad it soemwhere in an interview....

*cough* look at the name of the topic *cough*

why look at topic?

is that 9000 as patch or polygon, cos it will be 18000 as patch if its polgon.

Originally posted by IchI
why look at topic?

because in the name it says: hummer h2 for rivals ready!!!

this model is for the Mod RIVALS :p

By the way nice model, I too can see a rail gun or something in that back bit...oh m,e crouched inside with my rifle, doing drive bys....muhahahaha....soryy, anywho, good model

very nice but some of those polygons should be put to use somewhere else (cough* wheels *cough...all of those lots of the front part can be replaced with a bump mapped texture and you would save alot of polys...same with the door handles...you should use the cars in the videos as a reference for the detail level

really I think that the wheels are fine?!?

Oh well, you could possibly use a bump map on the wheels to bring out some of the details... but other than that the wheels look great to me :x

f*** 9118 triangles not polys!!!:)
p.s. if there is a oportunity i am trying to modell as much as possible from polys/tris .Bump maps yes will be use on doors and roof(maybe i will make hole in roof)

oh, ok then, so thats about hmmm, 4000 polies?!?
never sure really, but it's alot lower, never work in Tri's myself :p

i dont care how many polys that hummer is,it looks simply AMAZING!
Good job on it,the hummer has to be one of my favorite vehicles

well its really not a big deal considering there wont be that many on map which team gets these the suits or the other gang?

it needs bigger wheels (not tires) with smaller profile tires
(thin sidewall) ........"rollin on 20's" :)

and the wheels need to be shiny

this will be the car for the suits
btw materials/textures will be probably redone ( you know this hl2 shaders /materials etc)

Why is everyone commenting that they would love a cannon on top or a machinegun. MAN.. this is a hummer, no Humvee (wich is alot stronger with armor and all and looks a bit diffrent).

get your fact's straight n00bies ;P

ooh.. btw.. Exelent work. the tryangle count is perfect! I would love to drive it in Rivals. Those guys are really lucky with a modeler like you. :thumbs:

and Stone. Quads are EVIL in lowpoly modeling. And try's are EVIL in highpoly modeling (meshsmooth)

:)

its a hummer h2 this is more of the how do u say civilian version but the thing about suits is they have heavily modified vehicle so they could have a sunroof with a gun not a 50cal but maybe a rotating holder to put either a nade launcher , a m16,m4 u know something like that.

Originally posted by EVIL
Why is everyone commenting that they would love a cannon on top or a machinegun. MAN.. this is a hummer, no Humvee (wich is alot stronger with armor and all and looks a bit diffrent).

get your fact's straight n00bies ;P

ooh.. btw.. Exelent work. the tryangle count is perfect! I would love to drive it in Rivals. Those guys are really lucky with a modeler like you. :thumbs:

and Stone. Quads are EVIL in lowpoly modeling. And try's are EVIL in highpoly modeling (meshsmooth)

:)

you shouldnt be calling people n00bies....no one said it was a humvee

Its an H2

the first vehicle is an H1/humvee

"Hummer" is a brand of GM vehicles that encompasses both the H1 and H2

you can call the H1 or H2 a hummer.

but I dont think anyone said it was a "Humvee"

besides.....you could mount guns on just about any light truck or suv......
(im not saying they should :) )

"Visiting HL2 forums makes me remember why I quit CS after 1.3. This has to be one of the most immature gaming communitys on the planet."

ur dissing the community and cs.

Yes I am. Im used to Bf42 ...wich overall has a more mature acting community.
(dont get me wrong there are plenty of smacktards).....atleast at the places i frequent.

..and since most of the HL2 community will come from CS ..that disapoints me.

I stoped playing CS 2 years ago(something like that) ........I was just tired of all the bullshit and drama from the little kids...and now im gonna have to deal with it again.

And on these and other forums ..i see the CS attitude transferring to this game.

These forums arent bad...but they do need more moderators and some tighter enforcing of rules, like when people start 25 threads on the same subject.

edit: sorry to jack thread :)

hey guys try to stay on topic,

anywho, I've actaully seen a hummer with a mounted turret on it before...so hmm, keep up the good work, and keep us posted :p

must admit that hummer h2 suv is still under design mode in GM

Nice mdel but itsw way over poliied, a car shold be 4000-5000 at MAX. And the buggy in the E3 video is gonna be reduced, Valve said that also so it will be only around 8000 polies.

Back