i am nervous

bryanf445

Tank
Reaction score
taking my drivers test in a little bit today, and im pretty nervous. The only hard part will be parallel parking, but ive practiced it and i shoud be ok. Well, wish me luck!

Took mine last week on thursday. Passed :)

Got 10 minors tho! :rolling:

But nm eh

well i failed, hahah. I probably did the stupidest mistake ever though, so i have to wait till like next week to get it :(. I forgot to put the car in park when i got out of the car with my instructor, how effing stupid am i. Oh well i guess i was just nervous.

bryanf445 said:
well i failed, hahah. I probably did the stupidest mistake ever though, so i have to wait till like next week to get it :(. I forgot to put the car in park when i got out of the car with my instructor, how effing stupid am i. Oh well i guess i was just nervous.
did the car roll away?

lol, the British driving test is insanely hard. You guys should be thankfull. :p

I got a minor because I didnt put the parking break on at s give way sign... Even though I had my foot firmly on the footbreak.... :rolleyes:

bryanf445 said:
no the car didnt roll away or anything

Heh, was that at the end of the test?

"lol, the British driving test is insanely hard. You guys should be thankfull."

So true.

Ok so im strating driving in like 3 weeks time, well my first lesson. Whats it like, the first lessond i mean, do you get the control an the hang of it quick because a really dont feel that am not ready for driving, but if im not ready now then its gunna be a long time. So tips please!!

big_king_frosty said:
Ok so im strating driving in like 3 weeks time, well my first lesson. Whats it like, the first lessond i mean, do you get the control an the hang of it quick because a really dont feel that am not ready for driving, but if im not ready now then its gunna be a long time. So tips please!!

I had my first lesson 4 weeks ago. I personally wasn't nervous at all, drove once in a car park. The first lesson your instructor usually talks to you about the mirrors, doors (don't ask), driving position, how everything works etc. I drove for about 30 mins in the first lesson, basically getting the hang of clutch control, breaking point, just to get a feel of the car. If your going to be learning to drive, make sure you learn in a diesel (its a lot easier). Don't be nervous, your not impressing anyone just yet :p and making simple mistakes is forgivable. By the second lesson, you get simple idea of what driving is about, 3rd or 4th lesson you should be able to drive on roads, not doing anything too extreme though.

3rd lesson I was doing 60mph, hehe, no one believes me though..

Harryz said:
I had my first lesson 4 weeks ago. I personally wasn't nervous at all, drove once in a car park. The first lesson your instructor usually talks to you about the mirrors, doors (don't ask), driving position, how everything works etc. I drove for about 30 mins in the first lesson, basically getting the hang of clutch control, breaking point, just to get a feel of the car. If your going to be learning to drive, make sure you learn in a diesel (its a lot easier). Don't be nervous, your not impressing anyone just yet :p and making simple mistakes is forgivable. By the second lesson, you get simple idea of what driving is about, 3rd or 4th lesson you should be able to drive on roads, not doing anything too extreme though.

3rd lesson I was doing 60mph, hehe, no one believes me though..

Tee hee, doing 60 on my first lesson :p

I'm in a good mood about driving in case you didnt notice... :D

Why would a diesel make it a lot easier? If you drove a diesel that was a 5 speed, I’d bet it was an older car. And if your talking about it (the 5 speed) being easier to drive, it’s because older cars used a cable clutch while newer cars have a hydraulic clutch.

I passed my driving test with a perfect score, and the written test I only missed one question. 'Headlights should be turned on when visibility is less than ______ feet.' I got a 100% on my motorcycle test and my vessel license ;)

200 ft? anyways it took me a while to pass because i never studied, or even looked at the book for that matter...i just remembered the questions from one group and put them together and finally passed

Back