I can't hear the computer's voice....

Nuada

Reaction score
I've just played through the first 5 levels and haven't heard the computer once. I've restarted steam, validated the cownload, and tried switching languages but no joy. Anyone else having this problem or got any ideas? I'd rather not have to download it again 'cause my cannection here is terible.

Oh yeah, I'm running it on Vista 64.

hows the rest of your audio? Are you enabling 5.1? What kind of sound card do you have an is it updated? Are you available for dinner this weekend? Are you running vista or XP?

All the other sounds are fine. Im using an Acer 5112 laptop with realtec soundcard, Just running it in stereo. Dinner sounds delightful, my place you yours? :)

If the sound is working with EP2 and everything else I would say its a problem with portal. Verify files, if it continues, reinstall, if it continues after that you may want to run a diagnostic on your sound card, im sure ACER has the diags for your model number on their site.

I just restarted Steam a couple more times and now Portal's updating. Must have missed something the first time I guess.... Thanks for the suggestions anyway man....

they release fixes for problems which in turn cause other proprietary problems for some computers. They fix em fast though

Back