I finally did it! I hit that magical number in WoW!!

Vigilante

Reaction score
You probably thing I'm talking about 60...NO. I hit level 40, the end of puberty for a hunter. The allowance of mail and a mount is awsome.

untitled.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 260
I'll be at lvl 60 by the time I can afford a mount ..I'm at lvl 37 and only have 4 pieces of gold ;(

Thats about how I was at 37. At level 38 I started mining the crap out of everywhere and made lots of money, fast. I had my mount by the time I was lvl 39 (guildie bought it for me)

What race are you and what professions do you have?

I'm an elf ..ummm leathercrafting/skinning ..havent played since march ..but will be starting up again soon

Skinning is a big money maker =)

Skinning, mining, and herbalism will get you lots of money.

Congratulations on your lifes greatest achievment!

Nah I am just kidding.

"Goes back to questing with his 18th level mage"

grats. I got my mount on my 18th birthday lol

CptStern said:
how? by selling leather at auction?

that would be the one. People are always trying to get base resourcers to level up professions quickly instead of going out and farming them. Back when i could play i got about 10s for a stack of 10 light leather. Though it depends on the server concentration.

Heh...I can sell 20 iron bars for 3g...and it takes maybe 10 minutes to get the iron.

Vigilante said:
Heh...I can sell 20 iron bars for 3g...and it takes maybe 10 minutes to get the iron.

wow, i could expect to pay just over that for 20 thorium...

Fishing can bring in 3g an hour on the horde.

I get money by ninjaing blues i dont need, and vendoring them for about 5g a piece ><

ktimekiller said:
I get money by ninjaing blues i dont need, and vendoring them for about 5g a piece ><

If by ninjaing you mean rolling greed, that's fine. If you roll need on stuff just so you can get the money, you're a douche who should be flogged.

I play Guildwars, the poor man's WoW

staticprimer said:
If by ninjaing you mean rolling greed, that's fine. If you roll need on stuff just so you can get the money, you're a douche who should be flogged.

Could be worse, a supposedly trusted member of our guild who had been with us for some months suddenly took it upon himself to ninja the Perdition's Blade the other week. -_-

Vigilante said:
Horde or alliance?

What does it mean to ninja something?

take loot that you don't need or deserve

i.e a druid rolling and winning epic bind on pickup plate leggings from ragnaros.

i have to say the best example of ninja looting i've heard of was an alliance guy some guildies were with in zul'furrak and rolled on some item he couldn't use saying that he needed it for his shaman alt... i repeat, this guy was alliance...

Septih said:
i have to say the best example of ninja looting i've heard of was an alliance guy some guildies were with in zul'furrak and rolled on some item he couldn't use saying that he needed it for his shaman alt... i repeat, this guy was alliance...

Well, he could put it on auction at the Gadgetzen Auction House. He could quickly put it up, switch characters and buy it out immediately. Unless it was a bind on pickup item...

Kanehdian said:
Well, he could put it on auction at the Gadgetzen Auction House. He could quickly put it up, switch characters and buy it out immediately. Unless it was a bind on pickup item...

you can't have characters from both factions on the same server, so unless he had multiple accounts or intended to delete the alliance character and get to the gadgetzan AH very quickly from lvl 1 it seems a bit stupid. I'd still say that taking items for characters that aren't helping the group or the guild you're in seems a bit unfair.

*cries*

Damned social security number........

15357 said:
*cries*

Damned social security number........

steal someone elses? or report the fact that someone is using yours to blizz?

Septih said:
you can't have characters from both factions on the same server, so unless he had multiple accounts or intended to delete the alliance character and get to the gadgetzan AH very quickly from lvl 1 it seems a bit stupid. I'd still say that taking items for characters that aren't helping the group or the guild you're in seems a bit unfair.

Huh? I have a level 46 tauren warrior and a level 53 human warrior on the same server.

IIRC, that only works on non-PVP servers... AKA "Care Bear" servers.

Anyway, I quit after my main hit level 50 (although I had several ~20 alts). It was too much of a time sink.

Guys, I'm thinking of getting into WOW, but I have a question that's a bit OT for this thread.

I've never played WOW and do you guys think it's worth me starting to play so late in the game? I mean it's been out for ages and most people are high level now, so would it be the case that I'd spend ages wandering round on my own (i.e. what I can do in games that have no other players and not what I want to do in a MMORPG)?

craig said:
Guys, I'm thinking of getting into WOW, but I have a question that's a bit OT for this thread.

I've never played WOW and do you guys think it's worth me starting to play so late in the game? I mean it's been out for ages and most people are high level now, so would it be the case that I'd spend ages wandering round on my own (i.e. what I can do in games that have no other players and not what I want to do in a MMORPG)?

a lot of people create alternate characters, and some people are just getting the game too. I only got the game in july but whenever i've created characters i've never been alone in the starting zones.

That said, your best bet is to choose a new server, as there will be more low lvl people on there. Either way you should be able to find groups to do quests with. And in the rare cases that you can't, there are many quests which you can do on your own.

Just a question, why are you wearing Herod's Shoulder? Sure, it's mail, but it doesn't have any agi or even attack power. You're off much better by using Fleshhide Shoulders, for example. Nothing against you, but I really don't understand some hunters at all...

Septih said:
Sucks to be American. We can have Ally main and Horde alt.

Boogymanx said:
You must not be on a PVP server. They're the only ones that don't let you play on both sides.

Boogymanx said:

It's like that on a PvE server. On a PvP server you can only have either Horde or Alliance; it's the same in EU as in US.

Kanehdian said:

You can't do that either. Items are linked to an account, not a single character, so you putting X item on Gadgetzan with your main, then switching to your alt and going to buy it out you'll be dissapointed...I know this because i bought out a blue level 40-odd weapon from an alliance trying to do it and he logged his horde and immediately knew it was me and starts talking, asking politely for it back and also telling me how he'd already been on his horde and it was telling him "you can't buyout your own items", i did help him get it accross though because i'm not a dick, even though he's the evil alliance :p

pfft :p

warrior.jpg

rogue.jpg

Both epic mounted, warrior is rank 8 (knight-captain)

My warrior is for PvP, rogue PvE (instances and such)

Septih said:
*points to location*
You guys really can't have opposite faction alts? I have 2 horde and 2 alliance.

and Baal...Horde is the way to go.

Go Alig for being a horde player!

I'm a level 26 (verging on 27) Troll Hunter on the Skullcrusher server. Currently in qeue for the Battlegrounds, but I'm dying for those freakin' Perfect Deviate Scales. I've really only just gotten into the PVP side of things and it rules.

Horde is definitely the way to go. Allies are ballsy twits that want to imitate Legolas.

craig said:

Nah, you can still get groups. Lots of people have alt characters. Although I'll admit that it's a bit depressing to wander around Orgrimmar and see half the population is level 60.

This should change though with the addition of the new race and the raising of the level cap.

I hit 40 about 2 days ago, but I found out I needed 80g instead of 40g for my mount, so now I have to sit in the Badlands and grind elementals

Absinthe said:
This should change though with the addition of the new race and the raising of the level cap.

Do you know what theyre reasing the level cap to? This must mean the expansion will add a whole new continent for 60+.

Dalamari - I got my mount for 64g. I got a revered with orgrimmar level 60 to buy me my wolf. Would have been 72g for me to buy it. See if you can get a guildie to buy it for you.

Back