I finally remembered the name of this game. Nostalgia Thread

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
Skip to 11:50 if you want to skip the tutorial and mission buildup.

Police Quest: SWAT. I think I always got confused since the sequels were completely different games. This game was hard as shit, could only ever complete the first couple missions. This was one of my first games ever and is one of the games that spurred me on to becoming a lifelong gamer. Shit was awesome.

Anyways, whats the very first game you can remember playing? This one wasn't my first, I remember playing some DOS games that had no names, except one which was just called MARS and it was a platformer and you shoot martians. Cant find anything on it on the internet, I wonder if it was only developed and distributed locally.

Police Quest?! This thing is obviously broken.

First game may have been SMB on NES. Either that or some PC game like Incredible Machine or something.

My first game was Advanced Dungeons and Dragons for the Intellivision. Released in 1982.

I still have my Intellivision and played this game a few years ago. Still a lot of fun.

I played that SWAT game. Police Quest 4 was by far the best in the series in my opinion.

I played a few educational games in my childhood like Math Blaster and The Zoombinies (which sucks if you're colourblind), but the first two serious games I remember playing after watching my Dad play them were Myst and Mechwarrior 2. I was terrible at both because I didn't understand how to play them very well, but I returned to them when I was older and enjoyed them quite a bit.

My memory of early childhood is kind of muddled, chronologically speaking, so I have distinct memories of about 5 potential "first" gaming experiences and I'm not really sure which to place first. If I had to guess, it was probably playing Duke Nukem (not 3D, the platformer) and Commander Keen at a friends place and then getting kicked out by his mum when I stuck around too long. Actually, the same thing happened the first time I played Doom on another friend's computer, and getting so absorbed in it that his parents had to ask me to leave because my friend had left for soccer practice about a half hour ago and I didn't even notice. Boy I was a shitty kid.

Actually, the same thing happened the first time I played Doom on another friend's computer, and getting so absorbed in it that his parents had to ask me to leave because my friend had left for soccer practice about a half hour ago and I didn't even notice. Boy I was a shitty kid.
That's hilarious. My friend and I would miss events due to becoming absorbed in a game. We were supposed to tell the other kid's parents about it so they could drop us off, but we'd forget.

Either this: http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=3586

Or this:

As a kid, I thought I was talking to Stephen Hawking.
The only educational game I ever had was Reader Rabbit. Pretty sure it wasn't my first game though.

OH SHIT. It was called Monuments of Mars, and there is a small amount of info on the internet about it!

Game was also pretty damn hard, it would get chaotic in later levels, and the limited ammunition was a mother****er.

When I was a kid every diskette at the local dollar store was riddled with viruses. Never the less I still installed and played this game.

But the very first game I can remember especially the music was this little gem

My first game that I remember playing would have been one of the Mario Teaches Typing games, I don't remember much about it since the first game I really enjoyed was Pingu A Barrel of Fun

bbc_multimedia_pingu_a_barrel_of_fun.jpg
61yRsWxcgEL.jpg

My next major step was Midtown Madness 2 and then Unreal Tournament 2004.

Math Blaster

Holy ****ing shit. I played the shit out of that.

Probably Star Wars: X-Wing and TIE Fighter were my first. After that, JumpStart Adventures 3rd Grade: Mystery Mountain. I'm sure Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego and Oregon Trail were in there somewhere.

When I was a kid every diskette at the local dollar store was riddled with viruses. Never the less I still installed and played this game.

Hocus Pocus was the shit. I played the crap out of that on my friend's dad's computer. Not so much this piece of shit.

Combat on the Atari 2600. My friend was a spoiled kid and got one way before anyone else in the town.

Then I got a ZX Spectrum and my own first game was Manic Miner.

The first game, as far as I remember, that got me completely sucked in (and probably solidified my future of gaming) was the original Legend of Zelda. Totally blew me away.

Can't even begin to count how many games I've played in my time.

First game ever was definitely SMB on NES. I was 5 and it was Christmas.

First arcade game was possibly Discs of Tron. That was an amazing arcade experience for a little kid.

Computer game would be a lot harder to pinpoint and are counting educational games in school (Commodore 64, baby!)

Back