I finished episode 2 and i'm dissapointed.. [spoilers]

G

gottabeandrew

Well I got orange box for christmas and everyone who has it has told me that there's a "big twist" in episode 2 so i was really looking forward to this. I finished portal and episode 1 first (i'd already completed half life 2 years before) and then i got to the end of episode 2 and i was dissapointed.

It was a great game, don't get me wrong, but i honestly have no idea what this "big twist" was. There's a few things in the game that i could class as a little bit of a twist but nothing which i could say is a big twist.

So now i wish people hadn't said that because i'd been waiting for a big twist all the way through the game and it's left me dissapointed that there was none (as far as i can see) and i personally think i would've enjoyed the game had I not been expecting a big twist.

So, what was the twist? Anybody know?

Him dying wasn't exactly a twist though. It was just an event. It wasn't something which has turned the plot completely up on itself or anything. I was expecting something more on the scale of finding out that the guy's dead in the 6th sense or finding out that charles and the secret services guy are all part of the guys imagination in A Beautiful Mind.

I know but you can't have somebody dying be a big twist. I expected something more on the scale of Gman saying "No Gordon, I am your father" or it turning out that Barney is secretly working for the combine or something like htat.

Please just go away and put in your eyes and then come back...

Exactly, that wasnt a big twist, it was a big event...

Please just try to play the game and relise what a fantastic game it is and always will be...

Well I got orange box for christmas and everyone who has it has told me that there's a "big twist" in episode 2 so i was really looking forward to this.
Solution: Stay away from spoilers. You'll enjoy the game without any preconcieved notions or plot expectations.

Exactly, just play the game and enjoy it... Enough said...

The reason everyone said it was such a big twist is because someone finally acknowledges G-man and that same main character is killed. That's a huge change in the plot because of the way it will effect Alyx. It's not like the world was going to explode at the end of the game, you have to dig deeper.

Btw, what does your name actually say, gottabeandrew?

Is it, Gotta Beandrew?
Or Got tabe andrew?

AH, good spotting, missed that one...

It's not necessarily a "big twist", but more of a big ending with a different feel than usual. And really Valve is giving us more to think about and to contemplate on with the G-Man and other characters and places we have yet to see. They're really widening the door for us, giving us more room to think within.

I wouldn't say a twist, but big important parts of the game. Things that happen in Episode Two, the new places you visit, the portal, White Forest, all the places and things that you see are like in the center of a bridge on what is going to happen for the rest of the series. Obviously things will happen how Valve wants them to happen, this isn't a game with a dynamic storyline that changes on how you play, yet. But you can tell things that are happening in Episode Two are very important, and are like real-time choices that will change the future. We don't have the choices, but we are given the illusion that we are in that moment.

Episode Two was little more than a bunch of ant lions and driving sequences concluding with a character death.

Valve has stretched this series out ten years, and we still have no idea what the hell is going on. Worse yet, it appears we'll be forever dragging Alex Vance around everywhere we go for the rest of the series. I'm so tired of her and other NPCs tailing me and constantly chattering while I'm exploring the environment. The game is no longer about Gordon Freeman so much as it is about Valve shoving their NPC scripting work in my face at every opportunity.

Oh look kids, a troll. No, don't try to feed it, its on a diet of **** right off.

My name means Gotta Be Andrew.

Yeah, i won't expect things in future.

Thanks for giving a response. ;-)

The reason everyone said it was such a big twist is because someone finally acknowledges G-man and that same main character is killed. That's a huge change in the plot because of the way it will effect Alyx. It's not like the world was going to explode at the end of the game, you have to dig deeper.

I agree.

I also think that twist has to do with the environments, they are different from all the other HL games (ep 1 was similar to HL2 in this subject). You are introduced to new characters as well, so those are the twists.

P.S: avoid spoilers as someone had already said, it's the best way of not being let down by the plot

I'm not going to argue on this, as I suspect thats what you want. If you honestly don't like the features of the game you say you don't, I suggest you pick some thing outside of the half life series to play, as everything you mentioned has been a stable from the outset.

To the OP-
i know it's impossible to hear things abuot ogames, especially after they're out, but you gotta remember to take everything lightly. I wouldn't call anything about Eli or G-man a twist- maybe a revelation, maybe a shock, what have ye. But nothing like, you were really dead the whole time. So you basically should decide things for yourself.

And to perhaps other people in the thread, if it's been ten years and you still don't know what's going on, you're a dumbass.

Episode Two was little more than a bunch of ant lions and driving sequences concluding with a character death.

Valve has stretched this series out ten years, and we still have no idea what the hell is going on. Worse yet, it appears we'll be forever dragging Alex Vance around everywhere we go for the rest of the series. I'm so tired of her and other NPCs tailing me and constantly chattering while I'm exploring the environment. The game is no longer about Gordon Freeman so much as it is about Valve shoving their NPC scripting work in my face at every opportunity.

Alyx*.

Oh, why can't everyone learn that? :frown:

The only twist that's ever been in HL2 is when we discover mossman is working for breen. Not sure who would call the EP2 ending a twist.

Back