I got a new bike!

Dynasty

Space Core
Reaction score
Woot!

Had a Honda CB-1 400cc, which i sold on friday:

cb1.jpg

But yesterday i drove home on my newly-bought, 2nd hand Honda Fireblade 1000cc. OH...MY...GOD...THE POWER!

HondaFireBlade.jpg

Thats just an image from Google but its pretty much the same. Cant find my camera atm so couldnt take a pic of my own :E

0-60mph: a little shy of 4.5 seconds.
Got to 80-85mph in second on the way back, reaching around 155mph as i was in kicking into 6th on the motorway...where i slowed down because i got too scared lol. Read up that the top speed is around the 180mph mark...***k that for now haha. I need some balls first.

Wow, very nice. I've been wanting to get a bike...but I'll probably kill myself!!

That is one nice machine!!!:D Heh, you can kick the arses of all the crap car drivers out there!!!:E I'd love to get a Honda Super Blackbird when I'm a bit older, I think they're beautiful bikes as well!!

That is one nice machine!!!:D Heh, you can kick the arses of all the crap car drivers out there!!!:E I'd love to get a Honda Super Blackbird when I'm a bit older, I think they're beautiful bikes as well!!

You should know...do girls find bikes more attractive than sports cars?

That would be the only reason I'd get a bike....

Oh and to go REALLY fast.

Just got back from one of those pointless drives lol.

I swear, i thought my 400 was fast (well it is), but theres NOTHING like the acceleration kick from this bike. If you dont hold on hard enough, youre off the back.

And yeah, ive found girls prefer bikes over cars because bikes are seen as more 'exciting', due to the speed. Well not the speed maybe as cars can go faster, but they cant GAIN that speed as fast. Im loving the fact that my bike costing less than the cheapest car can outrun a Porsche Carrera GT...for a while.

You should've got a newer version of the one you had before. I like bikes like that where you can see most of the engine.

Doesn't it cost like $500 or something to get a bikers license? One, I don't want to pay that much money for another piece of my license..and two, I'm a coward!!

Well firstly you have to do a CBT (Compulsary Basic Training) which is usually a day course (can you ride a pedal pike? is basically what its about lol). Not sure on the price.

The you need to do your theory if you pass the CBT satisfactorily. Thats about ?100 when you add up the 3 or so tests (did it ages ago so my memory is a little fuzzy). Practical lessons are about the same price as in a car, and the actual test itself is around ?45-55.

BUT thats the cheapest part of biking. You then need jacket (?150 for a good one), Helmet (?100-150), Gloves (?30-50), Boots (?40-60), pants if you want but not needed (?100 ish)...then theres the bike itself lol.

I see guys riding around with some cheap leather gloves and a helmet and that's all they have. jeans and a tshirt...are the other items necessary?

Well answer this question ... do you want skin grafts on your entire body except your hands and head if you survive taking a dive? Being a giant scab is sexy this season, I hear.

Well answer this question ... do you want skin grafts on your entire body except your hands and head if you survive taking a dive? Being a giant scab is sexy this season, I hear.

That is if you survive the crash to begin with.....

But so it's just protective gear then. I didn't know if the wind blowing up your shirt hurt or anything...not like I stand outside when I'm going 50 mph....

But how fun is it picking off a scab? Thats like hitting the scab lottery!

An awesome way to die! Congratz!

(Not a negative comment... it's rather cool to die in a 180mph fire ball into a tree)

I see guys riding around with some cheap leather gloves and a helmet and that's all they have. jeans and a tshirt...are the other items necessary?

In short, also if you want to be safe, yes. Otherwise you are a complete arsehole and you deserve to have the skin ripped of your body. Not saying that this applies to you, though, Pitz. The a-hole bit, I mean. But yes, if you want to be safe on a motorbike WEAR THE LEATHERS or you will seriously regret it.

In short, also if you want to be safe, yes. Otherwise you are a complete arsehole and you deserve to have the skin ripped of your body. Not saying that this applies to you, though, Pitz. The a-hole bit, I mean. But yes, if you want to be safe on a motorbike WEAR THE LEATHERS or you will seriously regret it.

If I ever do get behind the bars of a bike, I'll wear the leathers...plus it might accent my butt...

That is if you survive the crash to begin with.....

But so it's just protective gear then. I didn't know if the wind blowing up your shirt hurt or anything...not like I stand outside when I'm going 50 mph....

Well yeah, if you get hit by a piece of gravel or something that got kicked up, it'll sting much less through a leather jacket than a cotton tee. Plus, bugs! It's probably easier to clean squashed bugs off leather than cotton or denim. In all honesty though I've never actually ridden, so I'm not sure how likely it is that stuff gets past the body of the bike. And for the record, I did say "if you survive taking a dive" ;)

Pfft, my 3wheeler i got when i was 3 is way cooler

*dies of jellousy*

Well yeah, if you get hit by a piece of gravel or something that got kicked up, it'll sting much less through a leather jacket than a cotton tee. Plus, bugs! It's probably easier to clean squashed bugs off leather than cotton or denim. In all honesty though I've never actually ridden, so I'm not sure how likely it is that stuff gets past the body of the bike. And for the record, I did say "if you survive taking a dive" ;)

So you did say it...weird how I missed that.

But yeah, I was always wondering about bugs....go out on a date with your girl behind you, holding on tight...her breasts pressed up against your back.

You get to her house, she's ready...you turn around, and about 50 bug stains are on your shirt....

So you did say it...weird how I missed that.

But yeah, I was always wondering about bugs....go out on a date with your girl behind you, holding on tight...her breasts pressed up against your back.

You get to her house, she's ready...you turn around, and about 50 bug stains are on your shirt....

Yeah. Not recommended in southern Louisiana. Not sure how buggy it is is MO :D

Cool, how many gears?

I need to get a licence for the car before I can even think of getting a motorbike licence.

Blades are nice bikes...never been on one though. What's the riding position like?
I love my Fazer...it handles like a superbike but has a comfortable riding position.

Bit concerned that you only spent 100 quid on a helmet though...and PLEASE don't advise people that you don't need to wear protective trousers. They're far more important than the jacket. Enjoy the bike and try not to die...

Ugh...crotch rockets. I hate having those try to mess with me on the road. But nonetheless, congrats. I bet they're fun as hell to drive. I'd like a Buell myself.

I prefer to go fast on four wheels..its safer. That's why I drive a small V8 powered american gas guzzler made by FoMoCo. :D

Ugh...crotch rockets. I hate having those try to mess with me on the road. Grats anyway and don't kill yourself.

I prefer to go fast on four wheels..its safer. That's why I drive a small V8 powered american gas guzzler made by FoMoCo. :D

Frankly, I think he's heading for an early grave. 155mph? That's reckless and insane and you should have your license revoked, as you're a danger to yourself and everyone else on the road. My bike doesn't even GO that fast and it's a ****ing superbike. If you don't stop being stupid, you WILL kill yourself. Biking demands sense and respect. Save the lunacy for the track.

Referring to the subject of value for money, yes, this is in very good condition, it can do 0-60 in 3.6 seconds and I got it for less than ?1200. The hell with cars!

myfazer.jpg

000_0192.jpg

Frankly, I think he's heading for an early grave. 155mph? That's reckless and insane and you should have your license revoked, as you're a danger to yourself and everyone else on the road. My bike doesn't even GO that fast and it's a ****ing superbike. If you don't stop being stupid, you WILL kill yourself. Biking demands sense and respect. Save the lunacy for the track.

Thanks but i dont intend to go that fast again anyway. I just opened the taps and like i said, didnt even realise i was doing 155 (ish). On an open motorway, plus it doesnt take that long in terms of distance to get to that speed, i was hardly at that much risk. Yeah if a car turned out to the fast lane i would have slammed on the brakes. Ive been riding for a little over 3 years and im confident enough in my own actions.

Please dont preach to me. Its the wrong way to look at it but if i had an accident, it would be one person that dies (me). Preach to the twats in cars going 'look how fast my ferarri goes babe..oh shi' *bang* oh look a tree with a ferarri styling kit.

Check this out too, only 12 on the planet and this twat crashes one in a 40 zone:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/6422215.stm

And no, im not using a helmet worth ?100. Mine was ?160 when i bought it.

I saw that news story the other day, and was pissed...bastard kids. He was apparently just ****ing renting it by the day.

Preach to the twats in cars going 'look how fast my ferarri goes babe..oh shi' *bang* oh look a tree with a ferarri styling kit.

More like, preach to the twats with 4-5 ton SUVs going 90-100mph down the highway or 20+ over the limit in neighborhoods. Oh look! An Excursion with a child hood ornament!

More like, preach to the twats with 4-5 ton SUVs going 90-100mph down the highway or 20+ over the limit in neighborhoods. Oh look! An Excursion with a child hood ornament!

Is it wrong of me to have envisioned that hood ornament and I laughed? ;(

I know a guy with a aprilia rs1000

My god that thing moves... I think its something like 0 - 60 in less than 3 seconds lol... Crazy mofos...

Thanks but i dont intend to go that fast again anyway. I just opened the taps and like i said, didnt even realise i was doing 155 (ish). On an open motorway, plus it doesnt take that long in terms of distance to get to that speed, i was hardly at that much risk. Yeah if a car turned out to the fast lane i would have slammed on the brakes. Ive been riding for a little over 3 years and im confident enough in my own actions.

Please dont preach to me. Its the wrong way to look at it but if i had an accident, it would be one person that dies (me). Preach to the twats in cars going 'look how fast my ferarri goes babe..oh shi' *bang* oh look a tree with a ferarri styling kit.

Check this out too, only 12 on the planet and this twat crashes one in a 40 zone:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/6422215.stm

And no, im not using a helmet worth ?100. Mine was ?160 when i bought it.

Yeah, I know the twats in cars are infinitely more dangerous - but it isn't the point. You're 50 times more likely to die on a bike than in a car, and driving isn't exactly safe - that's a huge risk right off the bat. Huge, but calculated. You're just taking stupid risks.
Honestly, realise it NOW while you're still alive and in one piece. I can't really say any more than that, I just want to avoid the situation where you're lying in intensive care thinking "damn, I was so dumb".
For the record, the lowest-spec helmet I could recommend would be something along the lines of the Shoei XR1000...

Anyhow, is it comfortable to ride?

Back