I got some questions to hl2 portal

joeak0

Reaction score
I bought not the orange box within portal, i bought a CD with only portal and I have the question give it a level or map editor for portal and if yes where can i find it

I played the game complete in one day but It costs 14€
thats ca. 19.5$ so I want to get more than 19 levels for 19.5$
and i heard that it gives a map editor for the game but i didn´t find an map editor so i ask you and hope that you can give me some answers

and i want to excuse my grammar and my spelling but i´am from germany and my english is not so good

I just can hope that you do understand the text and if not i have to practice very very more english speech

To create maps for Portal you'll need the Source SDK which you can download though Steam. Go to the tools tab and you should see 'Source SDK', download it and you need to use 'Hammer to create maps. Good luck as the map editor isn't very user friendly.

Yeah like Penguin said in Steam it's under Tools -> Source SDK. Hammer is the map making part of the SDK which you can find help for on the Valve Developer Wiki.

There are some pages in German, but I don't know how useful they are - you might be better off looking for some independent German Hammer Tutorials.

Your English is pretty good. I see some Americans that talk/type worse than you do.
One thing, though: The $ is in FRONT of the amount of money.

Back