i got VACed. A strange way of prooving VAC does work

Ravioli

Microboner
Reaction score
So my friend send me some screens of him haxing in 1.6, it looked cool and all but i have always been against cheating. I never cheated before untill he sent me the hax and say "try it, only for fun. You dont need to use it always" and he said it was VAC secure. So i thought "well, why not see why ppl like hax so much" and i just wanted to see what it was like, nothing serious. The main thing that made me do it was because i wanted to test VAC, to really see if it worked. I have always questioned VACs performance because i always see people hacking, lets just say i did an experiment. Well played for about 5 minutes and it was so booring so i removed it and continued playing normaly. Then about 2 weeks later they banned me from secure servers on CS 1.6

I dont blame valve or anyone for this, i did break the rules and i have to pay for it. Im not saying im innocent, i did install and use a hax even though it wasnt intended to be used i still did it. I think its great that VAC detected me because it prooves that it actually does prevent cheating. My respect for valve got higher when i saw the ban notification.

I hate cheaters, and i hope everyone gets banned. I myself isnt a cheater but i did something stupid and it was right to ban me. Im not asking for salvation or un-banning. All im saying is: Dont ever try hax "for fun" even tho you do not cheat. Its not worth it, dont get banned beacuse some friend gave you a "safe hax".

However, i have a spare account with CS1.6 in that i can use so im not totaly gone. I can return to cs and play again.

Hurray for Vac. I questioned it but it smacked me in the face :D Vac pwns all!I hope Valve continues developing it to the better.

While VAC works, it still doesn't protect against all cheaters.

Oh, and slap your friend in the face, cause hacking ruins games and gaming communities (let's face it, the CS community isn't the best).

All im saying is: Dont ever try hax "for fun" even tho you do not cheat.
Unless you're trying to **** with an internet cafe who unfairly laid off a friend of yours, and it's on their account... right?

<.< >.>

You do know about time-delayed bans, where they don't ban people instantly to avoid alerting the cheating community? What do you think VAC was updated an hour ago and they instantly go 10,000 cheaters?

>_>

<_<

Yes?
Whatever

Hey Ravioli out of curiosity how do they inform you of your ban?
For some reason I picture this.

gabeownedbb7.jpg

gg, Gabe, gg

Operational, send that to gabe NOW, that would be sweet to be implemented to steam.

Steam Updates
-"New Pwned By Gabe" screen for the banned.

Hell some people would hack just to see it! Then there would be that one kid who can never get banned no matter what he does and get all pissed and kill himself! Omg a movie!

I used OGC once or twice just to see what to look for in a cheater - never used it in public games - and this was loooong before Steam. You should be prepared to feel the full extent of the banstick if you piss about with cheats online, though. You ruin the gaming experience of people that paid for the game and the connection to play it online - You deserve to be stopped, permanently.

I used h4x..only on Warcraft 3 servers in 1.6. Everybody would be invisible humans, and I'd turn a corner with my full-bright on..see em bright as day, and blow them away. Quite fun if I say so myself.

I used h4x..only on Warcraft 3 servers in 1.6. Everybody would be invisible humans, and I'd turn a corner with my full-bright on..see em bright as day, and blow them away. Quite fun if I say so myself.

That was a fun mod.
Orc nades were so good :)

or atleast used to be

Still VAC only works against known hacks. Any public ones are sniffed out pretty quickly whilst private hacks aren't touched for ages.

hohoho, I've been cheating for years now, and still haven't been VAC banned
:E

How can you call yourself a gamer? You are false and disgusting.

I would probably h4x if I knew how to. Nothing like earning the respect of fellow gamers who think you have mad skills.

I beleive Valve should have a 2 strike policy. I don't think people like the thread starter shoud lose their accounts just because they cheated once. Besides, most serious cheaters use hijacked accounts anyway. So getting banned, for them, is a non-issue.

oh come on knghenry you are not a gamer ....the jig is up we're on to you, but I do admire how skillfully you weave into the community by using industry buzzwords and issues dear to gamers hearts ..but ultimately you're still the raving loon who's been banned from hl2.net at least 2 dozen times

Still VAC only works against known hacks. Any public ones are sniffed out pretty quickly whilst private hacks aren't touched for ages.
VAC only looked for certain variables being altered in game files. With this new update I'm not entirely sure how they do it now. But the best way to do it is to just have a ghost version of commonly hooked files up on the server, and on connection a quick scan (by the server again, as they usually have spare resources) of the clients dll's are done and referenced against the server's ghost version. If there are any changes then it notifies VAC. Another way could use a scan of modification times, but they're spoofable.

In the end, VALVe says that 'anything that hooks a DLL file or .exe is a bannable offense', so it's pretty unclear as to whether VALVe actually need to manually input cheats into the blacklist.

EDIT: And Ravioli, calm down dear, it was a joke xD

Oh lol sorry about that. Stern, who are you talking to? You think im kng henry? Or are you replying to someone ells?

I believe Valve should have a 2 strike policy. I don't think people like the thread starter should lose their accounts just because they cheated once.

bah, you cheated to gain an unfair advantage on other players. Kiss your ability to play goodbye.

I used to maphack in Diablo 2, but I've NEVER cheated in any competitive online game whatsoever (unless you count my friend and I playing on a server he owned and using Admin Powers to own everyone, which happened once), and I don't plan to. It's just stupid.

I used to maphack in Diablo 2, but I've NEVER cheated in any competitive online game whatsoever (unless you count my friend and I playing on a server he owned and using Admin Powers to own everyone, which happened once), and I don't plan to. It's just stupid.

Pah, I don't think the maphack is so bad..better than scavanging in freaking ACT 2 trying to find the damned staff pieces...

I understand it being banned in Ladder, but non-ladder should be safe IMHO.

woah, you're the cool haxor over the internet but not an evil haxor at the same time, can i touch you:D

Back