I Hate Mountains L4D1 Campaign Released

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]From the makers of Portal Prelude, comes I Hate Mountains. A 5 map Left 4 Dead 1 campaign which takes place almost fully outside in thick forest. The campaign brings new sounds, visual effects, dynamic crescendos and alternative routes to reach each safe room.[br]Halflife2.net was lucky to get an early version of the campaign this week and you can read our full hands-on review and thoughts right here! We certainly think the quality of IHM warrants L4D fans to download it right away.[br]Ensure that you input the console commands to enable sounds and effects as mentioned on the I Hate Mountains download page to enjoy the full experience. (A L4D2 version is planned for the future.)

Trailer for those who missed it last month:

<object ><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5oZgwOtS_X8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5oZgwOtS_X8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" ></embed></object>​

Damn Russian file hosts. Gonna download it later.

It's a nice, short campaign. There's some minor bugs (i.e. you can get stuck in some part), but everything good.

(i.e. you can get stuck in som part).

I played it earlier, got stuck on some of the debris from the helicopter, i just kept hitting the space bar for about five minutes until i got unstuck -.- Other than that this campaign plays and looks great. Lots of explosions.

I'll play this tomorrow with my friend who plays L4D1 every damn day of his life!

I played it earlier, got stuck on some of the debris from the helicopter, i just kept hitting the space bar for about five minutes until i got unstuck -.- Other than that this campaign plays and looks great. Lots of explosions.

That's where I got stuck. I had to use AFK command to make my character leave the area.

For some reason it reminds me of the old hl1 mod "They Hunger," which is a very, very good thing. Great job.

This wont install for me. I put the vpk file in my addons folder in my l4d directory and i go to enable the addon in-game and nothing is there.

Any ideas?

Just double click the add-on file, I didn't paste it. By opening it...it installs it to the add-on folder. I think there is a difference.

Still didn't work. It automatically launched l4d1 but there was still nothing there :(

What is the file association set to for vpks for you?

Back