I Hate Steam

B

Brett

Steam is terrible. Mine never works and right now i cant even log in it says: Failed to connect to any gerneraldirectory server. I redownloaded it and it still wont work. Why couldnt they just keep it the way it was.

do you have a firewall enabled? that might be the problem, it's the only thing I can think of at the moment that might do that...

No i dont have a firewall. It did work fine till all these updates for the new movies. It started the first update and got stuck on 61% so i restarted and then when it started up it upgraded but there was no media section and none of the servers worked so i uninstalled and tried again and now it gives me that error message. I give up i guess it hates me too.

also hate it.

Its slow and bloated, uses too much system resource, slows down boot times, bah, pile a shit!

SD

Alright, I finally got it to work atleast i think. Now i have got servers showing up so im happy.I have one question though i dont have anything about media anywhere is that suppose to be right? i know they havnt released the movies but i saw a pic of a person that had a media section on inthe games tab and mine doesnt. To all of you who are having problems just reinstall till it works, thats what works for me.

Hmm, that pic is just people at work hacking files...

steam sux... period
why? because it takes up resources, bandwidth and its full of pointless stuff (who needs _another_ IM/chat program). On top of that i want to know what it installs, where and how. Its evil imo. Hopefully valve comes with an alternative for steam.

I think Steam is great actually, it doesn't give me too many problems except when I try to play CS. :) It also has problems updating itself...

no worries guys, by the time half-life 2 is released steam will be a great program.

Instead, even the i have only an dial-up connection, and the steam i'snt too usable without broadband conn...

The only problem I have with steam is the cs map loading times apart from that I don't notice anything i.e. loading times or have any problems I have an Athlon XP2200 with 512MB RAM so not exactly a great system either.

ritcH

CS isnt so hot at loading maps on its own. It seems that every version takes longer and longer to load a map. Steam adds a few seconds on itself probably a few more validation routines than normal.

I miss the good old beta days sniff sniff.

I feel sorry for those people whose Steam don't run so well... I've never had a problem/error with it. Is it just other peoples' computers and not Steam's problem?

Back