I ****ing love episode 2 soundtracks

It's definitely great, yeah. Episode 1 'Advisor' track still holds the crown though.

"song24" is the best one , the one that plays during the last battle.

Is there a place we can download these or extract the files from??

My favourite song is Vortal Combat, its just sooooo cool :p

vlvx_20, 23 and 24 a definitely going on my ipod.

If I had one :hmph:

Yea they are awesome, "Last Legs" (song24) and "Vortal Combat" (song22) are my favourites.

How can you know the song name if theyre titled "song#" ?

"Wiki is your friend," as people say. Although Wikipedia has user generated content, so I could go on there, post some rubbish and you'll believe it.

oops, apparently some idiot merged the Episode 1 and 2 soundtrack lists. Whatever.

The part were youre fighting all those antlions underground
, THAT SONG IS SO COOL. I had the feeling i was god, so frikin awesome!

Everytime the music kicked in i thought i was invincible and charged into battle and got shredded promptly;(
The music really fits in perfectly i'am still listening to them on my MP3 player

It shows 22 songs from EP2 in wikipedia, I don't have as much in the folder..

Kelly Bailey makes the perfect ambient music for Half-Life. Gotta love it all

Looks like the WP Entry is fixed now.

I also love the EP2 Soundtrack - My Favourite is Shu'ulathoi. Although EP1 features probably my all-time favourite Zombie Action Track, "Self Destruction".

What folder is the HL2 music located in? I've downloaded GCFScape because i heard its necessary to view stuff with. Can i convert or somehow put the music files onto my MP3 so i can listen to them?

There's probably already a thread about this but i don't know where to look for it. If it exists a link would be appreciated.

What folder is the HL2 music located in? I've downloaded GCFScape because i heard its necessary to view stuff with. Can i convert or somehow put the music files onto my MP3 so i can listen to them?
HL2: "source sounds.gcf"\hl2\sound\music\
EP1: "episode 1 shared.gcf"\episodic\sound\music\
EP2: "episode two content.gcf"\ep2\sound\music\

god they should rework their gcfs' naming scheme...

god they should rework their gcfs' naming scheme...

I don't have a folder called sound...closest thing is soundcache in the maps folder, and that only has cache and manifest files in it.

Got Gcf-scape/Gcf-explorer?
You need to open gcf file no snoop in folders :)

Ooh, i found them now....HL2 music is truly brilliant.

where did u find them...im having the same problem

If you have GCFScape, click the button on the top left hand side with a folder with an arrow coming out of it. Go to your steamapps folder. For me its C/program files/steam/steamapps. You should then be able to see GCF files (purple box-like ones).

Then, open each of these files to get the music files relative to each game:

liPillON said:

Back