I just got a amd 64...having memory probs

D€vIL²

Reaction score
For a while I was getting this blue screen of death at startup:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000004e (0x00000099, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete. Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

It seems to have stopped after I reformatted and didn't install any other drivers other than the ones it came with. But then I was playing doom 3 and decided to go ultra quality which I know will run pretty damn well on this machine, but when I changed the setting and restarted doom the blue screen popped up and my comp restarted. I HAVE 2 GIGS OF KINGSTON HYPER-X RAM WHY IS IT DOING THIS!? what are some quick fixes for this?

edit: I just tried to run doom 3 again and during the loading of my saved game it just exited to the desktop

I just play the games I dont know much about tweaking and optimizing

edit: things seem to be running but This blue screen seems to be coming up every once and a while... anyone else getting this?

SixThree said:
Noob with a nice computer.

qft.

You're probably going to need to reflash your bios for the dually to be recognized properly, and for the cpu code to be parsed correctly.

Oh and this REALLY should be in hardware and software.

sinkoman said:
qft.

You're probably going to need to reflash your bios for the dually to be recognized properly, and for the cpu code to be parsed correctly.

Oh and this REALLY should be in hardware and software.

How do you reflash the bios... games run excellent, i think its recognized, it says amd athlon 64 x2 dual in my system properties.

my bad on the post.

D€vIL² said:
How do you reflash the bios... games run excellent, i think its recognized, it says amd athlon 64 x2 dual in my system properties.

my bad on the post.

Um wow.

How did you get that PC again?

Anyway, go to your mobo manufacturers website to get info on flash. Too detailed for me to explain here, and some mobos require special utilities/programs to do it.

And just because it recognizes it, doesn't mean it's recognizing it properly, or that it's parsing the CPU code correctly.

D€vIL² said:
like 3,700

Wow, that's a fair lot.

How long ago? Cause I know iBuypower currently has a ton of 3k dual 7800gtx rigs out now.

One more 7800 GTX, and I can have that guy schooled. I need to save up $$ though for school and I'm planning on moving out soon. Anyways...you said you installed the drivers it came with, update all of those. That's all I can think of.

I've updated my video drivers. But I still haveing probs with some games because I guess alot of games dont support SLi. nvidia has to fix this.

Like I tried to run the F.E.A.R. demo with SLi mode on and once the level loaded my screen goes black and my comp freezes. So then I tried it with SLi off, using only one video card and then it ran.

Back