I now wear glasses.

Xendance

Tank
Reaction score
Yesterday I began wearing glasses to view things far away and I have to admit that it's really cool. I noticed a long time ago that my eyesight was getting bad, but never bothered to do anything about it. But only until recently I went to the opticians and recieved glasses yesterday. Whenever I put them on, I feel like I'm walking around in HD. I can see every stone on the floor, I can read signs and number plates, and whatever is written on the board. It's just awesome.

I guess that's what happens when you don't stare all day at HL2.net.

I felt the same when I got mine. I REFUSED to admit that something was wrong with my eyesight, and I told everyone "NO IT'S FINE". One day I finally accepted to wear glasses, and it was awesome. I couldn't see things far away from me.

I remember one day when I was eleven I was looking at a chalkboard and somehow I said, I can't read it. And my dad was next to me and he was like, what? Then I got glasses.

I remember one day there was a miscellaneous thread where shit announcements like these were posted in.

Glasses @ age 6.

Epic moment: Backseat of the Pinto, wee little me cries out "I can see the tops of the trees!".. Mom breaks down in tears and proclaims she is a horrible mother...

I still remind her of that. ;)

But "life in HD" really does describe the moment. Gratz on seeing the full spectrum!

I wear contacts. I'm the coolest one in this thread.

It really is an amazing moment, isn't it? I mean, this may be my memory decaying, but I don't remember my eyesight being as good as when I'm wearing glasses.

Pics! Also, welcome back!!!

Maybe pics later on, I dunno. Also, thanks! :p

I wear contacts. I'm the coolest one in this thread.

Oh, you 25 year old americans would say that, wouldn't you? :p But yeah, I don't like the idea of contacts since you have to stick your fingers in your eye or sometime to get them out.

It really is an amazing moment, isn't it? I mean, this may be my memory decaying, but I don't remember my eyesight being as good as when I'm wearing glasses.

Indeed. I love being able to see the white board at school now, I love being able to spot people easier, I just love it :)

I played all of Portal and some of GTA IV from my bed last night on my non HD TV. Usually I'd have to sit right up close to the TV in order to be able to see, but no more do I have to do that!

Wasn't there a PBF comic where a guy gets laser eye surgery and he's all happy but then he sees his wife and he's repulsed... I spent like 10 minutes looking and couldn't find it.

I don't think that was PBF, probably... uh, breakfast cerela or something like that. I can't remember what it's called, but it's a Far Side style.

Glasses me whole life. Good thing glasses makes you look 600% sexier. It's been proven.

Glasses @ age 6.

Epic moment: Backseat of the Pinto, wee little me cries out "I can see the tops of the trees!".. Mom breaks down in tears and proclaims she is a horrible mother...

I still remind her of that. ;)

But "life in HD" really does describe the moment. Gratz on seeing the full spectrum!

Why the **** did she start crying? Dumb bitch.

yeah glasses have been in my whole life, since i was liitle and.....

oshi- your back! :D

NERD

*Punches Xendance in stomach and steals his lunch money*

My whole family has bad vision. My dad, my mom, my three sisters, me, my eldest sister's husband, my niece, eventually my nephew, and all 4 of my grandparents.

'I do not now wear glasses'

Fix'd.

I got you all beat. I am prescribed one contact lens.

ITT: Xendance goes away because of bullying and comes back wearing glasses.

Hehehehehehehehe. Four eyes.

Hehehheheheheheehhee.

I for one, have 20/20 vision. Surprising. Considering the alcohol abuse and masturbation.

Eff you guys. I want laser vision.

My glasses are sooooooo thiiiiiiiiick. Good thing they're stylish.

I was on the specsavers website and you could upload a photo of yourself and place glasses on yourself, it was pretty cool.

I tried out contacts earlier this summer, it felt pretty weird, and i was shit scared about them falling out and not realising it. I'm also pretty terrible at wearing glasses constantly, so I might be too lazy to put them in everyday. I have to get used to them at some point though, since my eyesight isn't good enough to legally drive...

Back