I/O Sheild?

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know where in the UK I can buy one of these things? I've just got my case and motherboard today and I've found that the speaker/microphone ports don't fit into the holes in the back of the case :/ Any ideas?

Originally posted by Munro
Anyone know where in the UK I can buy one of these things? I've just got my case and motherboard today and I've found that the speaker/microphone ports don't fit into the holes in the back of the case :/ Any ideas?

your motherboard should include the backplate, if it didn't then contact the place you purchased it.

Well I sort of got the back plate thats all made from metal but not the plastic part that overlaps that one and stops any dust from entering.

Well I sort of got the back plate thats all made from metal but not the plastic part that overlaps that one and stops any dust from entering.

plastic part? well i can't say ive ever seen any kind of plastic over a backplate in my years of building pc's.....we are talking about the area on the back where keyboard/mouse, onboard usb, onboard sound and everything plug in right?....so if there was plastic over it, how would your devices plug in?

I'm not very good at describing things :)

There is a back metal plate with all the holes for the plugs to go in. Then on top of that is an identical plate but plastic and has the colour coded holes etc.

Like the guy said - I've never seen a plastic 'overlay' IO shield like you're describing.

Id check the instructions that came with the board - and if you're sure that you're missing something then contact the company you bought the board from.

Good luck!

:thumbs:

I'm not very good at describing things :)

There is a back metal plate with all the holes for the plugs to go in. Then on top of that is an identical plate but plastic and has the colour coded holes etc.

not all of them have color coded shit, thats mostly from companies like dell or gateway, all you get with the motherboard is the metal backplate :) you're not missing anything.

Ah ok then. I am a bit worried because it has some small gaps and can let a hell of a lot of dust in.

Ah ok then. I am a bit worried because it has some small gaps and can let a hell of a lot of dust in.

well i wouldnt worry too much about it.

Alright :) Cheers for all your help.

Back