I Play Again - DoDS

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
I did a little 'I Play Again' thing about Day of Defeat Source. I say things such as this:

It was my Day of Defeat, I loaded up Valve’s Source based World War Two shooter and promptly died. A lot. In my defence I am a bit out of practice with playing Day of Defeat as I haven’t played this great game for many, many moons. You can put this down to the fact that when I initially played the game I was plagued by the infamous ’stuttering’ bug which was a common occurance in Source games a few years ago. Fortunately these issues are in the past which means I have been able to play Day of Defeat in all its glory

And it continues here.

I still play DOD:S pretty much every day, and DOD 1.3 before that. It's my favorite of the Valve multiplayer games, although far from the most polished.

If I see you online I may try to play with you, as long as my ping isn't too awful :p

I've been playing day of defeat since the early betas.....still is fun. too busy to play much anymore....

I used to play DoD a lot before HL2. I was a big fan of War in Europe too. What keeps DoD alive is it's community.

I enjoyed DOD 1.3, I used to play it for hours. I occasionally get the courage to play DODS and get hugely disappointed, since it just doesn't feel as fun. I'm not sure why...but I die a lot more and something feels missing.

I know the DODS community prays for more content in the future (as does the CSS) community...who knows if it will ever comes and revitalise that corner.

that would be cool if you could hear enemy players echo off the walls in the game. you could gain a certain edge or it could be very strategic to flush your enemies out. i remember that game being incredibly hard but on many occasions me rising to the top after playing a few weeks

I would absolutely love for them to add new gametypes and some Pacific/Russian battles and weapons. hide and sneak elimination type gameplay in the ruins of Stalingrad, yes please.

By the way I still play DoD:S more than any other Valve game, much to Samon's demise. So I'm up for a game anytime.

P.S. Ennui, I'm still banned from KEA for no reason :(

why can i never live in DoD? everyone knows all the camp/choke points, they nade spam, it's hard.....hard....so hard.

Yes, DOD:S is hard. That's why it's so good. Glenn it's not harder than 1.3 I'd say, people are just as well developed and badass in that game as they are in Source.

Back