I think I nearly died

Tollbooth Willie

The Freeman
Reaction score
I had a long Friday night.

Got involved in a pretty f*cked car accident. Was riding with 3 other people Around 3 in the morning. One male, two females. Driver was an idiot. He did sixty in a thirty. I wanted out of that car, but no. He wouldn't stop the goddamned car. He did sixty in a goddamned thirty. Lost control on a turn. Skid. Flipped the car into trees. Totaled it. They got him out first. He only had a bruise and a swollen eye with neckpains, though they made him wear a neckbrace. The girl in the passenger seat somehow got her hair caught in the steering wheel. They had to cut half her hair off to get her out. She had a broken neck. First thing I heard was her screaming. When I came to they were cutting me out of the car. My nose was broken and bleeding pretty badly. When they pulled me out I had no idea where the hell I was or what happened. Then they started pulling the other girl out. She was bleeding from her head, conscious, in pain. Went into shock when I realized what happened. None of us should have lived. The car was a sardine can. They checked everyone in around four in the morning. It took them an hour almost to get us out. I was unresponsive until somewhere around noon yesterday morning from shock. The guy was discharged with just a swollen eye early in the morning. The girl in the passenger seat had to be held down by 5 nurses and put to sleep. They're trying to help her and she's trying to beat the shit out of them. Other than that she was alive, I don't really give a flying shit about that bitch. The girl in the back with me was the most f*cked up I think. I went and checked on her after they made sure I was alright in the head and everything had been sorted. This kid? She was 16. A goddamned kid. Her mother was rightly pissed. Wouldn't allow anyone to see her. Tried again later when she had left and spoke to her stepfather. She'd suffered head trauma, having some trouble breathing and won't be discharged until later this morning or in the night at the earliest. The whole thing was just f*cked up. Should not have happened. No one was intoxicated. Nothing happened. He just didn't listen. He drove like an idiot and everyone suffered for it.

I'm not upset. I'm not mad. I'm not relieved. I don't feel shit right now. It's almost 5am right now and I haven't slept, ate, pissed or shat once since the whole ordeal. Can't sleep. My nose hurts. Thinking hurts. That's it. That's what happened. I'm done.

Glad to hear that you're ok.

The only time I've ever been in an accident, I felt horrid for the rest of the day.

I assume you'll never drive with him again?

Even though the term unreliable narrator historically has found its archetype in this thread's author, I can't help but wonder...

I'd break his friggin neck, make sure he can't drive again. Hate drivers that think they can do what they like, and think they are either untouchable, or infallible. No-one is ever in complete control of a motor vehicle, regardless of how good they think they are.

Even though Willie lies a lot, if this is true man, give the guy another swollen eye.

Glad you're ok man. Sounds like it could have been much much worse.

It always annoys me how the driver who was stupid enough to drive so dangerously got off with just a swollen eye and everyone else gets ****ed up. Has he been arrested or anything?

Glad to know you're OK (well, apart from that nose). Who was that driver guy anyway - was he a friend of yours? How did you end up in a car with an idiot at the wheel?

glad to hear you're doing alright son

The girl in the passenger seat had to be held down by 5 nurses and put to sleep.
For a few seconds I legitimately thought this mean they euthanized her.

Glad you're more or less okay. Give that stupid **** hell next time you see him. I wouldn't let him live it down.

Were you all wearing seatbelts?

Glad you lived to tell the tale. Good that everybody's more or less okay.

Let the guy know that you're driving yourself from now on, then give him a ride and go at 120 in a 30 zone, while driving with one knee. Preferably with his elderly relatives in the back. See how he likes it.

That's reckless driving if I've ever heard it. Things could have been much worse, but this still sounds terrible. You didn't say who this guy is, a friend or whatever but when you've properly recovered and hopefully the others, he needs to be prosecuted.

Christ, you all dodged bullets there. Glad you walked away from it without anything too serious. Driver should be ashamed.

give the guy another swollen eye.
Yes.
Has he been arrested or anything?
No. Don't know what is going to happen.
Glad to know you're OK (well, apart from that nose). Who was that driver guy anyway - was he a friend of yours? How did you end up in a car with an idiot at the wheel?
Yes. I'm easy to drag into things.
Were you all wearing seatbelts?
Yes.

I've slept two hours so far. Eating results in vomiting.

I hate cars.

Jesus Willie. I'm glad you're alright. I get teary eyed just thinking about the possibility of losing another forum member. Seriously, I'm a bit choked up.

Nothing good ever comes out of speeding. Especially not speeding to impress chicks, which that dude was probably doing.

There's this guy in my office who is constantly bragging about how fast he drives... saying that he always drives 100 mph to fill up on gas even. I just laugh nonchalantly to shrug it off because I want to get back to work, but I really want to tell him how much of an asshole I think that makes him. Reckless driving like that is a good way to get people killed. Only time you should be driving that fast is if you're on a course specifically intended for it, and not around other people or with other people who you might **** up if you make a mistake.

You aren't alone in your hate of cars. I didn't drive for the longest time because I was petrified about driving, always worried about getting in a car accident and dying. I've mostly overcome that fear, but I still have moments that terrify me... especially close near death calls like you've experienced. I haven't been in a car accident, but I have been close to death(from another thread I wrote about involving a near head on collision on a divided freeway).

My solution? Stay inside most of the time. Limit my driving. Especially limit my driving late at night, and NEVER drive with anybody who I do not trust completely. I don't even trust my dad's driving most of the time, as he's way too reckless for my tastes... always riding on people's asses and making crazy maneuvers in traffic. Stuff he would teach me not to do, but does it anyway.

Stay safe man, would really hate to lose you.

That's f*cked up, man. People that drive like that are assholes.

Annoys me more that I've been driving for 4 years and at no point have I ever willingly broken the speed limit. Yet it's me that got pulled over and breathalised by Police when I wasn't DUI and I see dickheads speeding up and down the rural roads around the village my parents live in, in their shitty kit-cars with spoilers and stupid attachments, overtaking at dangerous times and I never see them caught.

Good to hear you came out of the other side of it, Bro.

Hopefully it was your friend's car that got wrecked.

God damn dude, that's horrifying. I'm really glad you're okay. I hope you all recover, except for the driver, whom I hope gets hit by a ****ing bus tomorrow. What a ****ing idiot. I mad.

Mmm. I don't wish death on anybody but I couldn't care less what happens to the driver being as any injury he sustains is entirely his own doing. I hope everyone else makes a full recovery.

Sorry to hear about this, sucks. I've been in a few pretty bad wrecks but have never had any serious injuries. Had an airbag save my life a couple of years ago.

You can't go yet, willie ;-;

no one else will be able to tell me what games are good or not, everyone else has horrible taste and plays bad games

Sorry to hear about this, sucks. I've been in a few pretty bad wrecks but have never had any serious injuries. Had an airbag save my life a couple of years ago.
The airbags didn't even deploy here. How anyone in the front seat survived is beyond me. Still haven't ate. I think I was lucky. I was in enough shock I felt no pain, while everyone else was either screaming or crying from pain. I guess it depends how you see it. I can't say I know if anything is wrong with me besides the broken nose, though. I never did let them run a lot of physical or psychological tests.

The Skrillex looking c*nt, other than still being a complete c*nt and looking like Skrillex with a broken neck, is fine. The kid's home safe, locked safely away from any human contact until she is 30. The driver has been in some serious grief over it all. I think that's enough punishment for him. I'm still not even upset at him. Still haven't ate.

Still haven't been able to feel anything towards anything or had any food. I don't know if this is supposed to be normal post-shock or not. It's been 3 days just about. I think I'm hungry but I don't know yet.

I guess make this a general car wreck thread.

You're alive Willie. Get something in you soon so you continue to be.

If it's been 3 days then it's a safe bet you could use some food. Even if you don't feel like it at the time you'll probably thank yourself later. You'll be all "thanks Willie" and Willie will be like "no biggie lol" and then you'll move in closer to brush your hand through your hair and your eyes will slowly rise up to meet themselves and you'll stare deeply into your soul and find that deep down inside you are really
a mexican

If it's been 3 days then it's a safe bet you could use some food. Even if you don't feel like it at the time you'll probably thank yourself later. You'll be all "thanks Willie" and Willie will be like "no biggie lol" and then you'll move in closer to brush your hand through your hair and your eyes will slowly rise up to meet themselves and you'll stare deeply into your soul and find that deep down inside you are really
a mexican
And then Willie had a heart attack and died.

Try to get back to a normal routine (easier said than done, yep) and eat at the normal times you would have done.

One of the best things you can do is EXPECT to get better. Because the longer you feel like you'll be in that state forever, the longer the harsher effects of a traumatic incident can stay with you. Try and keep life as regular as it was before and don't hide away from people. Talk about it face to face with people you trust if you can.

Wait..... so one girl broke her neck? She paralyzed from the neck down for life?

I'm pretty sure you can break your neck without being paralyzed. I can only assume thats what he meant by him saying she's fine except for the broken neck and Skrillex appearance.

Yeah, I think the term "broken neck" is used pretty loosely and covers also a sprained neck.

Goddamn, that's awful. Really happy to hear that you are okay.

Seriously got to eat something though. Been in that position where you don't eat for a few days, and it gets into a downward spiral. You can barely eat anything but you feel goddamn hungry at the same time. Try some soup or something and work from there.

Fuck, man. Glad to hear you're okay, and that the kid is okay. Hopefully the driver gets charged with reckless endangerment.

I was in a car accident close to New Year's two years ago caused by a cab driver crossing a red light while he was missing around with his cell phone. Human damage was nowhere near as severe, but goddamn was it scary. And life-changing.

They always say that life is short, that you should make it count, but you soon tire of hackneyed nonsense.
I do know you realized, though, that life is delicate.

**** irresponsible drivers; I hope you your most sincere insults were heard in true Willie style. Good to know you're back and you'll soon be doing whatever it is you do. :thumbs:

Jesus Christ, this scenario makes me so god damned infuriated... I just want to wring the driver's neck so badly but having to live with what transpired definitely seems punishment enough for the c*nt.
So god damned relieved that you're okay though.

Now eat some ****ing hamburgers and shit, buttface.

I think that's enough punishment for him.

Yeah, I'd probably be a totaled wreck after something like that too, but I also probably would flip on his ass if I were in your shoes.

Glad to hear you're ok.

Back